G-Force Standalone and Audio Cable

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello hidannyb

Third party software as mentioned by Brandon includes ALL types of cleaners including Registry cleaners, also temporarily disable your Anti Virus program and Firewall plus any additional similar programs.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

hidannyb

Post by hidannyb »

here's what I tried today with an INTERESTING result:

1-uninstall (and delete the software for this device) Audio Cable driver from Computer Mgmt screen
-VOLUME MIXER shows LG-TV as ONLY selectable DEVICE
and lists APPLICATIONS only as System Sounds
-Sound PLAYBACK shows ONLY LT-TV as DEFAULT device (and volume-meter at right)

2-uninstall G-force
3-created new admin profile
4-restarted computer using new profile (also tried with original profile, same results)
5-paused Norton Internet Security (Auto Protect)

6-reinstall G-force and Standalone and Audio Cable
DEVICE MGR now shows SS Audio Cable added under Sound
Sound PLAYBACK shows LG-TV(NVIDIA) as DEFAULT device (meter)
Sound PLAYBACK shows STEREO-IN(SSAC), Ready (and volume-meter)
Sound RECORDING shows STEREO-OUT(SSAC), Ready (and volume-meter)

7-start music player VLC
VOLUME MIXER shows DEVICE LG-TV and apps System-Sounds and VLC
VOLUME MIXER has NO pulldown for any other DEVICES
Sound PLAYBACK shows input on LG-TV volume-meter but not on STEREO-IN

8-website instructions say change STEREO-IN to DEFAULT. LG-TV volume-meter STOPS and audio on TV STOPS. STEREO-IN and STEREO-OUT volume-meters START moving but NO sound out of TV.

9-website instructions say change settings on STEREO-OUT from "Default Playback Device" to (1)checkmark box LISTEN TO THIS DEVICE and (2)select LG-TV(MVIDIA). Soon as I click APPLY there is NOW sound coming from LG-TV.
VOLUME MIXER shows LG-TV as ONLY selectable DEVICE and lists APPS VLC and STEREO-OUT

10-REFRESH VOLUME MIXER and I now have TWO DEVICES:
DEVICE STEREO-IN with APPS System Sounds and VLC
DEVICE LG-TV with APPS STEREO-OUT
Sound RECORDING volume-meter for STEREO-OUT shows input
Sound PLAYBACK volume-meters for LG-TV AND STEREO-IN both showing input
STANDALONE program IS getting input from VLC.

11-CURIOUS THING I NOTICED: When I reboot system the VOLUME MIXER for DEVICE LG-TV no longer shows STEREO-OUT under APPS (as it did in step 10) and I have NO sound coming from LG-TV.

LOOKS LIKE the STEREO-OUT driver is not RELOADING on system reboot.

12- Sound PLAYBACK shows STEREO-IN volume-meter moving
Sound PLAYBACK shows LG-TV volume-meter NOT moving
Sound RECORDING shows STEREO-OUT volume-meter moving.
Standalone IS getting input from VLC.
NO sound coming from LG-TV

If I set LG-TV as DEFAULT device on Sound PLAYBACK I get sound back on LG-TV but NO input goes to STEREO-IN or STEREO-OUT now.
Either/Or but not both!

It also seems a little strange that stereo-OUT is the only other selectable Standalone Audio Input (besides the three included generators). I would have thought stereo-IN might be the input but it doesn't show up as a choice.

Can you help me fix this?

DannyB

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

I've offered all the help I can. I think there is a conflict with your onboard audio drivers, your tv and the ss cable but I can't figure out why.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello hidannyb

First off although I have the word "Administrator" next to my user name I am NOT part of the SoundSpectrum Team. I am an independent person fulfilling the roll of administrator on a purely voluntary basis.

If I found myself in your situation I would backup all my data, personal files/folders etc and carry out a full fresh install of Windows 7. Then allow Microsoft to download all available updates, then download all required drivers.

VLC is a good media player but I would not install it at this point, download the free version of Winamp as suggested in a previous post. Uninstall G-Force using the method described earlier, and when installing G-Force only select Winamp as the media player.

My comments are based on the fact that I believe your operating system has become corrupt and I do not believe that VLC is compatible with G-Force.

(Just my thoughts)
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

hidannyb

Post by hidannyb »

Thank-you very much, BTT and juxtiphi, for the many, many suggestions. I greatly appreciate all your time and effort in pursuing this with me. Yes, I've come to the same conclusion there is something in the OS causing this inconsistency after rebooting. We've all spent quite a bit of time on this, so I'll just use Standalone with one of the built-in generators and leave it at that. Since this system is where I do all my production programming for automated FOREX trading, I am loathe to fiddle any further with the OS and inadvertedly [sp] lose my income stream altogether. I am GRATEFUL for all the thought you've both put into this! I'm just going to close out the ticket and move on! THANKS again!!
DannyB