Whitecap spinning effect

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

adadadpd

Whitecap spinning effect

Post by adadadpd »

Hello,

Is there a way to disable how everything "spins"? all the visuals spin around and it's very nauseating for me. Is there a way to have things just be stationary and have the visuals still run over them? I actually can't use it when everything rotating because I start to feel sick. some of them are ok but I'm not fond of the effect anyway and would really appreciate it being off.

Thank you in advance

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello adadadpd

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Included in the End Users Licence Agreement which you agreed to is the following information:

Medical Disclaimer. The Licensor's Software has been on the market for years and thousands of users have experienced many hours of viewing with no reported ill effects. However, any Software users that are or believe they could be subject to any form of seizures, epilepsy or visual photosensitivity, are using a pacemaker, suffering cardiac arrhythmia or other heart disorders, currently taking stimulants, tranquilizers or psychotropic medication, specifically including illicit drugs and alcohol, should NOT use or view the Software or any visualization products without checking with their physician. Notwithstanding the above, you assume any and all risks and waive any claims against Licensor and it's distribution partners, employees, officers or affiliated parties for any and all injuries, be they mental or physical, in using or viewing the Software. You also freely agree to assume any and all liabilities when allowing any other persons to use or view the Software.

When did you purchase your licence for WhiteCap?
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

adadadpd

Post by adadadpd »

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that I wanted a refund, I just don't think it's that wild of an idea to have a slider which decides the rate at which the visuals "spin around" if they spin around at all. I still want to use the software, but that option would make it more usable for me. Is it possible to maybe see this in a future update?

I bought my license just the other day

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

adadadpd wrote:Sorry I didn't mean to imply that I wanted a refund, I just don't think it's that wild of an idea to have a slider which decides the rate at which the visuals "spin around" if they spin around at all. I still want to use the software, but that option would make it more usable for me. Is it possible to maybe see this in a future update?

Soundspectrum visuals are designed to spin and move around that way, its what they are supposed to do.

There are many other far less involved vis out there that just sort of sit there but still move to the music a little.
Last edited by juxtiphi on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello adadadpd

Just out of interest which media player are you using?
Regards BTT

adadadpd

Post by adadadpd »

juxtiphi wrote:
adadadpd wrote:Sorry I didn't mean to imply that I wanted a refund, I just don't think it's that wild of an idea to have a slider which decides the rate at which the visuals "spin around" if they spin around at all. I still want to use the software, but that option would make it more usable for me. Is it possible to maybe see this in a future update?

Soundspectrum visuals are designed to spin and move around that way, its what they are supposed to do.

There are many other far less involved vis out there that just sort of sit there but still move to the music a little.
Regardless I don't think it's that much to ask for. It's just one parameter of the visuals, I like the complexity of the visuals and how things move around but it would be nice to have the option. For some of the visualizers it makes a lot of sense to have them spin around and they're perfect like that but for others (like the planar ones for example) it doesn't necessarily add or subtract to the visual in a drastic way whether it spins around or not, and it would help me greatly if that were an option.

I don't intend to imply that I understand how simple it would be to implement that feature. It might be really difficult and my demands are unreasonable, but then again, it might not be very difficult at all.

BTT wrote:Hello adadadpd

Just out of interest which media player are you using?
I'm using windows media player

I'm not saying I wont use it, it still serves well for what I need it for. But still I think for a $20 visualizer pack it never hurts to have AS MANY customizable features as possible, especially if it makes it more usable for certain users.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello adadadpd

If it's only some that are causing you a problem, there is a way to resolve the issue. I will load, and run WhiteCap later to remind myself how it's done. Will post back late Sunday.
Regards BTT

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello adadadpd

Go to Program Files \ SoundSpectrum \ WhiteCap \ Packages \ WhiteCap Background Package where you will see all the backgrounds used by WhiteCap, note that there are two files for each background. To disable those not to your liking put an # in front of both files. Does that solve your problem?
Regards BTT

adadadpd

Post by adadadpd »

Go to Program Files \ SoundSpectrum \ WhiteCap \ Packages \ WhiteCap Background Package where you will see all the backgrounds used by WhiteCap, note that there are two files for each background. To disable those not to your liking put an # in front of both files. Does that solve your problem?
No sorry, my issue isn't with the backgrounds, it's when the actual visualizers (the wave shape tab on whitecap) spin around. I feel like I'm being a major inconvenience here... sorry...

For example, say you pick a planar visualizer: There's the sound waves that pass over the plane, that's one thing, but then the actual entire plane itself spins around on an axis, that's what I mean. If there were an option to determine how much it spun around it would be very helpful, but maybe I'm asking for too much! :?

Do you understand what I mean? I can upload a video or something if it's not very clear

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello adadadpd

I believe what you are asking for is not possible, this is hard wired in the WhiteCap engine. The only person who would know anything would be the author of the program who as far as I know is not available these days. We tried hard to solve the issue, but on this occassion we were not able to help you.
Regards BTT

adadadpd

Post by adadadpd »

I believe what you are asking for is not possible, this is hard wired in the WhiteCap engine. The only person who would know anything would be the author of the program who as far as I know is not available these days. We tried hard to solve the issue, but on this occassion we were not able to help you.
That's entirely fine, thank you for the extended support!