Using Living Images as Screen Saver

Discussion forum for SoftSkies users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

SamuelPant

Using Living Images as Screen Saver

Post by SamuelPant »

Hi,

Is there a way to use a specific set of living images as a screen saver?
I've made some of my own living images of my family and I want to have it play as my screen saver.

Also, can I have different colored skies for the screen saver? Such as the sunsets and storms and the colorcalm, and not only the natural blue standard?

Regards,
Samuel

davidgreem

Post by davidgreem »

Yes it is surely possible to use your personal images as a background,copy that images to your pc and with a right click it provides a option of set as a backgound and have it as background.

jadeli89

wow

Post by jadeli89 »

i have a collection of some living images i have been using for my own office's screen savers.. my employees would always remark that the images are so relaxing and fantastic at all costs..thanks for sharing these to us admin!! :) :)

sitsparky

Re: Using Living Images as Screen Saver

Post by sitsparky »

SamuelPant wrote:Hi,

Is there a way to use a specific set of living images as a screen saver?
I've made some of my own living images of my family and I want to have it play as my screen saver.

Also, can I have different colored skies for the screen saver? Such as the sunsets and storms and the colorcalm, and not only the natural blue standard?

Regards,
Samuel
Unfortunately, it is not possible to display any of the "Formations" or "Living Images" in the SoftSkies screen saver. If you wish to display these then you will need to run SoftSkies either as a Standalone application or within your media player.

However, it is possible to change which "Skies" you want to display in the screen saver, though this requires editing the appropriate preference file.

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\SoundSpectrum\SoftSkies\

Windows Vista / 7:
C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\SoundSpectrum\

(Replace "USER_NAME" with your Windows User Account name.)

Mac OS X:
HOME/Library/Preferences/SoundSpectrum/SoftSkies/

Open the file "Preferences (Screen Saver).txt" in any text editor (eg. Notepad or TextEdit). Look for the following variable and value:

VisualPreset = "Blue Skies"

Change "Blue Skies" to any of the other "Skies" options -- colorcalm, Fruit, Pastels, Random, Storms, Sunsets, Unreal, and Vivid. Save this file and restart the SoftSkies screen saver.