Support for XMPlay?

Discussion forum for SoftSkies users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

opitzs

Support for XMPlay?

Post by opitzs »

Hi,

I thought some days ago, have a look at what is new at soundspectrum and discovered SoftSkies. I today made it a christmas present to myself, because I really like it.
Just one thing is missing, to make me really happy. Support for XMPlay.
Is this planned?

Thank you very much for the nice programs
Sven

Rovastar

Post by Rovastar »

I imagine it is not planned. However if it does have a good market share then Andy may consider something for it.

opitzs

Post by opitzs »

Hi,

at least it is supported in G-Force, that really made me a happy man.

Sven

gorus

Post by gorus »

There are issues with XMPlay support for visualizers that heavily use OpenGL (such as SoftSkies). If XMPlay offered better OpenGL plugin support, we would revisit this issue. For example, SoftSkies 1.0 didn't support QCD because of the same issue. The QCD team was informed of this, updated QCD, and the current SoftSkies release now supports QCD.

opitzs

Post by opitzs »

Hello gorus,

could you give me a little bit more information about this, so I can contact the developers and ask them if this is possible?
I don't harbor big hopes though, as the XMPlay development is not really fast moving...

Thank you for the information
Einen guten Rutsch
A happy new year
Sven

Orbstah

Post by Orbstah »

I can understand were the guy is coming from though as XMplay is the new replacement to winamp since winamp sold its soul to the AOL Monster for a fast buck, i have never downloaded winamp again because of this and am a big fan of XMPlay

I would be intrested to know how many people actually still use winamp for playing music, but so as not to solicit an obscene amount of posts in here maybe Jaypro could do us a nice Poll just to see if the XMplay user base is as high as i think it must be.
I'll come to bed once i've seen everything in G-Force.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Orbstah wrote:I can understand were the guy is coming from though as XMplay is the new replacement to winamp since winamp sold its soul to the AOL Monster for a fast buck, i have never downloaded winamp again because of this and am a big fan of XMPlay

I would be intrested to know how many people actually still use winamp for playing music, but so as not to solicit an obscene amount of posts in here maybe Jaypro could do us a nice Poll just to see if the XMplay user base is as high as i think it must be.
I have tried all the players going, Winamp is the player I have stuck with.

I realise that some people just want a player and dont care about aesthetics but I need to see something different every once and a while and winamp provides that.

plus it supports FLAC and a host of other formats aswell. as far as AOL goes the FlacFrontend plugin removes all traces of AOL upon installing so I am never bothered by them for any reason.

WMP does not work so well on my comp so I dont use it, Itunes leaves far too many traces of itself after uninstall and I could care less about online music.

Musicmatch is another behemoth that doesnt like my comp and again I dont need an online connection for music.

I have no problems with winamp at all I wonder why so many people dont like it.

Kontroversial

Post by Kontroversial »

I like Winamp. 2.9x as after that it just becomes really bloated. Though I hear that XMP is good in that respect too. Just downloaded it and will try it out. My friends into WMP 11 or whatever. He's a bit of an uneducated dick.

Long live Winamp Classic

:D

Rovastar

Post by Rovastar »

Orbstah wrote:I can understand were the guy is coming from though as XMplay is the new replacement to winamp since winamp sold its soul to the AOL Monster for a fast buck, i have never downloaded winamp again because of this and am a big fan of XMPlay

LOL I think it is funny that people think the AOL have just bought Nullsoft/winamp they bought them 6 and half years ago. I imagine you have used Winamp since AOL bought them despite your claims.

There are many versions of Winamp that do not contain bloat. Download the lite versions.

saboor

Post by saboor »

Hello All

Contents removed by BTT. Reason: a copy and paste job.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello saboor

Could you elaborate. I am not understanding your post.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi BTT,

This is one of those copy/paste spam posts. It's from a post in 2006.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Many thanks Frank, appropriate action taken.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

:) Always glad to help!