G-Force Toolbar empty

Common G-Force questions

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, keycompton

wolf2000

G-Force Toolbar empty

Post by wolf2000 »

G-Force permission was granted in the Windows Firewall. Malwarebytes has been turned off. I don't have any other monitoring apps.
Nevertheless, the toolbar remains empty. What else could it be? I am grateful for every tip.

Update:
All tips implemented. iTunes and Bonjour don't exist. Other users also had problems with 64bit systems. I have Win11 pro 64bit.
Very annoying. Money gone, program doesn't work, support no response. :mrgreen:
Do you have any experience with whether it runs in compatibility mode?

BTT
Administrator

Re: G-Force Toolbar empty

Post by BTT »

Hello wolf2000

You have probably already read this but just in case...

How do I fix the G-Force Toolbar if the display fields are empty?

The G-Force visualizer and the G-Force Toolbar use the TCP/IP network protocol in order to communicate. If your computer blocks this connection (a typical security measure by firewall software), then the G-Force Toolbar will not be able connect to the G-Force visualizer. If the G-Force Toolbar can't connect to G-Force, then it cannot function (and all its menus and controls will be disabled). To fix this problem, you will need to review your firewall settings.

Configuring Windows Firewall. If you have Windows Firewall enabled (most WIndows users have this enabled), add G-Force to the list of exceptions. You can do this by selecting Start | Control Panel | Windows Firewall and then selecting the "Exceptions" tab which should allow you to enable/disable programs such as the G-Force Standalone and G-Force Toolbar.

Configuring Other Firewall Software. If you are running another software application such as Norton, McAfee, ZoneAlarm, or another such software firewall application, please ensure that G-Force is not being blocked in any way from using the TCP/IP connections.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should the above not resolve the issue then you could try a fresh install of G-Force - Important - before doing so you need to delete all files and folders relating to G-Force in particular in the Folder with your name / AppData / Roaming / SoundSpectrum / G-Force
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello wolf2000

Just seen your update, G-Force is not compatible with Windows 11. Having said that it soon will be, this may explain the problems you are experiencing. Just hang in there for SoundSpectrum to release a new version of G-Force hopefully in the next few weeks.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

wolf2000

Post by wolf2000 »

Thank you for the enlightening answer! Windows 11 has only been on the market for 3 months, so of course Soundspectrum can't have any adjustments yet. =D> Why is the user not informed before the purchase? Impossible!

jerohm

Post by jerohm »

The toolbar only works with the 32bit version. It has never (??) worked with the 64bit version. The 32bit version works for the most part on Windows 11.

wolf2000

Post by wolf2000 »

And what should I do now? Programs that rely on 32-bit drivers cannot run on 64-bit versions of Windows unless the program manufacturer provides an update for the program. why is there no update? I didn't find any such information when I bought it! [-X
It should work. Quote:
"WOW64 is a subsystem of the Windows operating system. This allows 32-bit applications to work on a 64-bit operating system."
Some of the 32-bit programs may require 16-bit components to function correctly. These also cannot run on x64 versions of Windows. Contact the manufacturer of the 32-bit program and ask about a possible update that is compatible with the x64 versions or edition of Windows.

jerohm

Post by jerohm »

The 32bit version works (mostly) just fine on Windows 11 (64bits). The are two versions provided in the distribution directory:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundSpectrum\G-Force"

I exclusively use the 32bit version, because I like the toolbar better than the on-screen menu facility.
Make sure you are executing the correct 32bit version.

I believe things should work just fine (, but I wouldn't bet the toolbar will EVER be updated to 64bits).

my eyesight is failing, so I can't provide you a lot of handholding... sorry

wolf2000

Post by wolf2000 »

Thank you, I'll try it out. You deserve new glasses for your good tips. :shock: