Custom Theme files location for backups

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

iflip92

Custom Theme files location for backups

Post by iflip92 »

Hi,
If I uninstall WhiteCap for whatever reason I seem to lose all my Custom Themes. As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating. Where can I go to make a backup of them so I can restore them after a new install? Which folders/files do I have to make backups of?

PS: Also, which files are added to a music program in order to have WhiteCap added as a plugin? I'd like to try and copy them manually into another music program which has a visualizer (MusicBee) and see if I can make it work.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello iflip92

Sorry, cannot help you. I suggest you contact SoundSpectrum support by clicking on the link below.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

DanPin

Re: Custom Theme files location for backups

Post by DanPin »

iflip92 wrote:Hi,
If I uninstall WhiteCap for whatever reason I seem to lose all my Custom Themes. As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating. Where can I go to make a backup of them so I can restore them after a new install? Which folders/files do I have to make backups of?
By default, when uninstalling any SoundSpectrum product, all of its files, including your own configs, will be entirely deleted. Before you uninstall any of your current products, you should backup your own configs (including your themes) to the Documents folder. That way, you can simply copy them back to their original locations after reinstall your products.