Whitecap Standalone Win. 8 to Projector no full screen

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

snowman910

Whitecap Standalone Win. 8 to Projector no full screen

Post by snowman910 »

I'm a newbie to this forum, so hello all.

I bought a new laptop preloaded with Windows 8, and who needs to hear another rant against Windows 8, so skip that, but one problem is that while I can run Whitecap Standalone with microphone audio source, if I try to go full screen I see a flash of horizontal colored lines, and then no source. Is there a setting I'm overlooking, or any suggestions anyone can make to get this to work? The projector is an Optoma HD66, Laptop is a Lenovo Intel Core i5 i5-3210M / 2.5 GHz ( 3.1 GHz ) (Dual-Core ) Memory 8.0 GB / 8.0 GB Operating System Windows 8 64-bit Max Resolution 1600 x 900 ( HD+ ) Graphics Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000, and the two connect via HDMI. I'm getting full screen running other programs, with no problems. :?

Thanks in advance for all help offered.
snowman910

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello snowman910

Have contacted SoundSpectrum who will assist you, probably not over the weekend though.

Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Hi Snowman

Icbw but I believe all SS products now have a native full screen resolution.

Not sure what it is but maybe if you match it to the res on your screen of choice it may work. Maybe BTT knows

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello snowman910

How can I display WhiteCap on a TV/projector?

In order to display WhiteCap (running on your computer) on an external display such as a television, plasma display, or projector, you'll need a special cable. Some examples of cables are a SVGA cable, a S-Video cable, or a DVI cable (in order for a particular cable to be acceptable, it must be supported by both your computer and your external display). In order from highest to lowest video quality, you should choose DVI, SVGA, and then S-Video (S-Video is available much more widely on televisions than SVGA or DVI). SoundSpectrum does not provide these cables, but many computer stores such as CompUSA, Best Buy, Circuit City, and Radio Shack sell these computer accessories.

How do I change the full screen resolution settings?

Unfortunately, with our recent versions, it is no longer possible to change the full screen resolution that WhiteCap uses. We had to remove this feature to improve our full screen mode compatibility. WhiteCap will now default to your current system display device resolution.

Source: SoundSpectrum

Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Hi BTT

I don't have whitecap any longer, are you suggesting that an HDMI cable will not allow whitecap to go full screen?

My computer is connected to my 43 inch LED HI DEF TV and G-force works fine, I also don't have Aeon but it also ran just as well through my HDMI cable when I had it.

Why would whitecap be different? :D

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi
juxtiphi wrote:...are you suggesting that an HDMI cable will not allow whitecap to go full screen?
I would have thought an HDMI cable would suffice. I am going on the information I have from SoundSpectrum. Frank (from SoundSpectrum) will post here on Monday just to clarify things.

Well spotted.

Regards BTT

FrankN

Hi Guys

Post by FrankN »

Hi guys,

I've used an HDMI cable to put SS products on a couple of different TV screens with no problem, I see no reason why they wouldn't work!

As for your WhiteCap issue, snowman910, I haven't been able to replicate it. It sounds like what I get when I adjust the audio sensitivity to the highest value. I would suggest upgrading to the latest Beta version, and seeing if that fixes the issue.

I'd like to know a few more things about the problem. Does it only happen when you're using a microphone for your audio input, or does that happen for Stereo Mix as well? Does it matter if the order is changed? For example, do you get the same glitch if you fullscreen, then switch over to microphone?

Let me know, either here or on a support ticket!

Regards,
Frank Netscher

DireWolf

Post by DireWolf »

Sounds like the fullscreen resolution whitecap defaults to when going full-screen is one your projector doesn't like. There is a boot.txt I believe you can edit to suit your needs.

Whitecap last version was 2 years ago and really needs an update badly to bring it inline with AEON and G-Force.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DireWolf

Not too long to wait now.

Regards BTT