Whitecap 5.8 beta 1 - Critical Standalone errors

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

ozbeats

Whitecap 5.8 beta 1 - Critical Standalone errors

Post by ozbeats »

Hi Andy and the Soundspectrum team,

Wanted to make a quick note that both the 32 bit and 64 bit standalone versions of Whitecap 5.8 beta 1 are auto crashing on my Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Core2Quad OS running a Nvidia Geforce GTX660Ti 2 GB GPU.

Typical scenario, after running in full screen mode on high graphics at 60 fps, at any given time but especially during 'wiry tunnel tubes' the whitecap instance crashes back to the desktop and a windows box shows "Whitecap Standalone / Standalone X64 has Stopped Working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Hope this can definitely be addressed and fixed.... I know it will have to be anyways! 8)

Thanks sincerely,

Alf Penny :)

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello ozbeats

Have sent a copy of your post to Andy.

Regards BTT

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

:D Thanks BTT

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Just a quick update about my experience with Whitecap 5.8 beta version,

Managed to get the Standalone versions to function on my Solid State Windows disk drive....

However, regardless of whether I'm using the Standalone, WMC, WMP, iTunes it crashes after a couple of minutes with the default warning message:

"Whitecap has Stopped Working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

3 months almost into it's beta release and still no resolution, fix or update?

Please SS, fix these issues and keep your word, or at least keep us informed about the extended beta release and official release delays. :roll:

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

ozbeats wrote:Just a quick update about my experience with Whitecap 5.8 beta version,

Managed to get the Standalone versions to function on my Solid State Windows disk drive....

However, regardless of whether I'm using the Standalone, WMC, WMP, iTunes it crashes after a couple of minutes with the default warning message:

"Whitecap has Stopped Working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

3 months almost into it's beta release and still no resolution, fix or update?

Please SS, fix these issues and keep your word, or at least keep us informed about the extended beta release and official release delays. :roll:

There is the possibility that they are unable to recreate your specific problem on their test machine and if they cannot find the bug you describe then I would think that maybe they want to wait until they have something definitive to say about it.

True bugs will effect more than one persons machine, but since I do not have a platinum license for whitecap anymore so I cannot beta test to see if what you experienced is also happening for me and with the lack other complaints on this issue I can olny guess that its either happening to your machine alone or other people are just not chiming in about it.

Whitecap no longer supports multiple full screen resolutions. It has only one fullscreen size now. I am guessing here, but maybe your video card is trying to run whitecap in a res thats to much for WC and its crashing?

not sure

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Thanks BTT and juxtiphi,

I'm sure its not an issue with my GPU, it a Nvidia GTX 660ti with 2GB Video RAM

The Whitecap standalone is working now, but not for any full extent of time past a couple of minutes or so, even in WMC and WMP, iTunes as well

I'm only using one display, 32 inch Full HD using HDMI native output at 60Hz with a 1920x1080 resolution

I personally think it is a beta build error because I haven't had these issues with any g-force betas or aeon betas as I have platinum licenses in all three.

Thanks for your assistance guys!

Cheers from Alf :)

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello ozbeats

Seems to work fine with Winamp.

Regards BTT

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

BTT wrote:Hello ozbeats

Seems to work fine with Winamp.

Regards BTT
G'day BTT,

Unfortunately, for my specific system after trying Winamp following your post above, it worked fine - but only for about 9 and a half minutes...

Instead of showing "Whitecap Standalone / Standalone X64 has Stopped Working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Using Whitecap in Winamp it closed the visualizer window and it showed "Winamp has Stopped Working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Not sure if you're using a Windows 8 PRO 64-bit Operating System

BTW - I Just updated to the newest Nvidia Graphics Card Beta driver 314.14 - the rendering enhancements in G-force is truly astounding!

People do say GPU drivers don't change G-force itself - true scriptwise, but...

In pragmatic reality these drivers optimize, enhance and unlock newer functionality, like FXAA and TXAA anti-aliasing and GTX 600 series only exclusive features. Plus they also include new PhysX drivers, newer HD Audio drivers, GPU driver bug fixes and performance boosts.

The fastest Graphics Card on earth, a Nvidia TITAN GPU would be nice, but only if you are enthusiastic considering the price, maybe SS and Nvidia could do a joint promo or new license customers enter a draw to win one for a promo period giveaway.

Fingers crossed a newer SS Whitecap beta release will rectify this issue.

Cheers from Alf 8)