Whitecap as studio tool

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

jtaverner

Whitecap as studio tool

Post by jtaverner »

I wonder if it is possible to use whitecap as a wavefrom analyzer for my music studio? I would like the presentation to stay in place as a rolling grid similar to My Malia or something....thoughts?

thanks

sitsparky

Post by sitsparky »

Hi, jtaverner. Since WhiteCap's WaveShapes are all controlled by text-based "config" files, you may feel free to edit any of them to work how you like, or create new ones. Though, this requires a bit of knowledge in scripting and a little patience. All WhiteCap WaveShape configs are located here:

Windows:
C:\Program Files\SoundSpectrum\WhiteCap\Home\WaveShapes\

Mac OS X:
HOME/Library/Application Support/SoundSpectrum/WhiteCap/Home/WaveShapes/

If you open, say, the file "My Malia.txt" in any text editor, you will see all the variables and values that control the "My Malia" WaveShape. If you're looking to stop the WaveShape from rotating, the variables that control this are "CamX", "CamY", and "CamZ".

Please also note that some WaveShape text files are heavily commented to provide you with information on what each variable does. For reference, especially regarding the variables above, please open and read the WaveShape file "ArcticFox Memories.txt".

Hope this helps.