How Can I Disable Whitecap Holiday Edition 2004?

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Alazzar

How Can I Disable Whitecap Holiday Edition 2004?

Post by Alazzar »

I just downloaded the Microsoft "Winter Fun Pack" from their website in my search for some holiday-themed Windows Media Player visualizations. The link is here, in case that information will help solve the problem I'm about to present:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... tions.aspx

Ok, now onto the problem. I started up Windows Media Player after installing the Winter Fun Pack, and was happy to see how great the Whitecap Holiday visualization is. It's fantastic! That in itself doesn't sound like a problem, right? Well, there were other visualizations that came with the Winter Fun Pack that I'd like to try out, including one called "Yule Log." However, I've found that I can't change away from Whitecap to ANY other visualization (including the default ones that came with WMP). I don't want to uninstall Whitecap, as I'd like to still use it at times, but I'm a little mad that I don't have the option of just switching away from it.

Normally, when I click in the visualization area of WMP, I'm given a drop-down list that allows me to select a new visualization. Now that I have Whitecap, I don't get that option. I also haven't found anything in any of the plug-in menus that will let me switch away from Whitecap.

So... if anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be very appreciative! If not, I guess I'll just have to uninstall Whitecap, which isn't something I want to do. =(

Oh, and I'm using Windows Media Player 11, if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance!