iTunes / Whitecap issue

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

ehlrich

iTunes / Whitecap issue

Post by ehlrich »

I can't get to the Whitecap preferences OR get out of full screen mode. Anytime I have Whitecap running (which it runs beautifully, by the way) and I click or right-click or control-click, it just closes Whitecap and takes me back to iTunes.

Am I missing something basic here?

juxtiphi

Re: iTunes / Whitecap issue

Post by juxtiphi »

ehlrich wrote:I can't get to the Whitecap preferences OR get out of full screen mode. Anytime I have Whitecap running (which it runs beautifully, by the way) and I click or right-click or control-click, it just closes Whitecap and takes me back to iTunes.

Am I missing something basic here?
its probably how itunes works its windows

ehlrich

So....

Post by ehlrich »

So, am I just S.O.L.? Is there no way to get to the preferences? Major design flaw!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

juxtiphi

Re: So....

Post by juxtiphi »

ehlrich wrote:So, am I just S.O.L.? Is there no way to get to the preferences? Major design flaw!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

I dont use itunes because imho its a piece of crap so I have no idea what you are talking about.

do you see any other people who use itunes posting the same symptoms you are? I would think that if it were a major design flaw as you say then everybody who uses WC with itunes would experience the same issue and this forum would be flooded with posts.

open a support ticket with soundspectrum and tell them whats wrong maybe they no how to resolve your issue.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/

criderman

Post by criderman »

Don't you love it when you ask a worried question and someone comes back with a superfluious answer like "I don't use that, because..."?

Anyhoo, I DO use iTunes and it has never given me any trouble until now and I have the same problem you do even after reinstalling both iTunes and WhiteCap--I am going to contact support with both now.

Just letting you know you're not the only one with the problem.

;^D

criderman

SoundSpectrum's reply

Post by criderman »

Unfortunately, Apple changed the way iTunes loads plug-ins in this new release and this is why our visualizers are not showing up as available. However, we have modified our installer to account for this difference and will repost our current version over the weekend with this fix included. Please return to our download page in this coming week and redownload our current installer, and let us know if you continue to encounter any difficulties. I apologize for the inconvenience, though we hope you can understand that it is difficult to know whether our software will be compatible with new operating systems and media players at the moment they are officially released, especially with a company like Apple which does not provide early-release versions of their software to small software companies like ours. Though, we do appreciate your patience in this matter and hope you continue to enjoy our products.