Background Images in WhiteCap 5.0

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Shav

Background Images in WhiteCap 5.0

Post by Shav »

Hi guys,
just purchased the platinum version of WhiteCap 5.0 and it's great! Been waiting for it for ages..

Anyway, just wondering is it possible to use my own photos as background images like in G-Force? I can see there's a background images folder. Tried copy some JPEGs in there but no joy.

Cheers
Shav

markofkane

Post by markofkane »

I don't know if it'll work, but try .bmp pictures (bitmap, not JPEG)

I am curious about this, but I cannot experiment now. Gotta do my chores, lol. 8)

Shav

Post by Shav »

Yeah, tried that but no joy.

I think the internal structure of WhiteCap is different to that of G-Force so not sure where to start. It seems to use python to load backgrounds. Not sure how it's done really

Cheers
Shav

andy55
Site Admin

Re: Background Images in WhiteCap 5.0

Post by andy55 »

Shav wrote:Hi guys,
just purchased the platinum version of WhiteCap 5.0 and it's great! Been waiting for it for ages..

Anyway, just wondering is it possible to use my own photos as background images like in G-Force? I can see there's a background images folder. Tried copy some JPEGs in there but no joy.

Cheers
Shav
Hey Shav,

Yeah, we'll be adding some cool support for use images in subsequent version. Until then, you can add your own images by putting them in one of the dirs in "WhiteCap/Home/Background Images" and clicking on the appropriate Background config.

Andy

Shav

Post by Shav »

Cheers Andy, looking forward to it!

What do you mean by the appropriate Background config? I can only see configs for Waveshapes & Colour Schemes.

Thanks
Shav