Blank toolbar

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

DannyM

Blank toolbar

Post by DannyM »

Hello, I have found no helpful information on these forums so far. The G-
Force toolbar can't seem to communicate with G-Force. I am using Bitdefender on a Windows 10 PC with JRiver Media Center. It works fine with Windows Media Player but not Jriver. I have configured the Bitdefender Firewall but still no luck. What am I missing?

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DannyM

I suggest for starters disabling Bitdefender then restart your PC to see if that is the problem. Should that prove not to be the case you will need to contact SoundSpectrum support:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

DannyM

Blank toolbar

Post by DannyM »

Thank you for the quick response. I disabled Bitdefender, the toolbar was still blank and G-Force itself was a blank black screen. Contacting support now.

juxtiphi

Re: Blank toolbar

Post by juxtiphi »

DannyM wrote:Hello, I have found no helpful information on these forums so far. The G-
Force toolbar can't seem to communicate with G-Force. I am using Bitdefender on a Windows 10 PC with JRiver Media Center. It works fine with Windows Media Player but not Jriver. I have configured the Bitdefender Firewall but still no luck. What am I missing?
You need to give permission for windows to allow it through the firewall, also check you computer for a program called bonjoir It has a history of blocking the toolbar.

jerohm

Post by jerohm »

As far as "I" know, the toolbar has NEVER worked with the 64bit version of GF (even though there is at least one forum member who claims it does :? ) I have had no problem using the toolbar with the 32bit GF and 32bit plugins. I tried JRiver, (32bit 25.0.114) and it also seems to work.

DannyM

Blank toolbar

Post by DannyM »

Windows 10 Firewall is blanked out while I use Bitdefender so I can't give it permission, only through Bitdefender which I have done. I can't find any evidence of 'Bonjour' on this PC. Had waited for years for G-Force to come in 64 bit so I could then move to 64-bit JRiver. I didn't want to give up G-Force, so I held off upgrading JRiver to 64 and renewing G-Force until the 64-bit version became available. This is the first I heard that the toolbar won't work with the 64-bit version. Very disappointing. Will there be a fix in the future?

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

DannyM wrote:Windows 10 Firewall is blanked out while I use Bitdefender so I can't give it permission, only through Bitdefender which I have done. I can't find any evidence of 'Bonjour' on this PC. Had waited for years for G-Force to come in 64 bit so I could then move to 64-bit JRiver. I didn't want to give up G-Force, so I held off upgrading JRiver to 64 and renewing G-Force until the 64-bit version became available. This is the first I heard that the toolbar won't work with the 64-bit version. Very disappointing. Will there be a fix in the future?
Jerohm is right The toolbar does not work with the 64 bit version and most likely never will.

DannyM

Blank toolbar

Post by DannyM »

It would have been fair to post this issue so people know before making the purchase. Not cool.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

DannyM wrote:It would have been fair to post this issue so people know before making the purchase. Not cool.
"Has it happened before?"

"Well, most of the original staff knows about the 12th floor."

It' is all been well documented in the forum many times but recent changes have led to stickies being taken down and some of the other older threads focusing on this issue may have been removed too.

DannyM

Blank toolbar

Post by DannyM »

If you expect people to check a companies user forums for issues before buying your product, I just don't know what to say to that. Your product is defective and the fact that you don't inform your customers shows a lack of integrity. I'll continue to use G-Force with its limited means because there is nothing that compares to it which is probably why you think it's okay to deceive your customers, you don't really have any competition but it's still sad and depressing that this is pretty much the norm in today's society. I'm done with this discussion. Good day.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

DannyM wrote:If you expect people to check a companies user forums for issues before buying your product, I just don't know what to say to that. Your product is defective and the fact that you don't inform your customers shows a lack of integrity. I'll continue to use G-Force with its limited means because there is nothing that compares to it which is probably why you think it's okay to deceive your customers, you don't really have any competition but it's still sad and depressing that this is pretty much the norm in today's society. I'm done with this discussion. Good day.
Sorry you are disappointed but its not our company and neither BTT or myself actually work for SS. We are only volunteers. This forum was always a side note to the devs and as far as I am concerned they never utilized the forum to its potential.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DannyM

I have today (Sunday) sent an email to Brandon (SoundSpectrum) asking him to respond to your issue. SoundSpectrum are one of the most honest and genuine companies around and they will I am sure be sympathetic to your situation.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Known Issues and Updates

Post by b.dwall »

Hi Danny et al,

I spent some time this morning trying to get the most recent version of JRiver and the Toolbar to work together, and did not have success either. I shared these observations with the developer, and unfortunately this may need to be included on a list of features we can no longer support. MSFT and APPL have been getting very aggressive with updates, often breaking many peripheral applications each major update, and as a result development has been severely impacted. Below is a list of known issues. If you have additional issues or questions, please connect with us via our online ticket system at your convenience: http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Known Issues

Windows 10
- .dll error (fixed in next update)
- iTunes Album art not displaying on some machines (APPL bug)
- WMP full screen top bar disappears after 30 sec (changed to 15 sec)
- JRiver 64bit does not support the G-Force Toolbar

macOS Catalina / Mojave
- Apple Music removed support for 3rd party visuals
- Screensaver mic input removed from macOS
- iTunes plugins audio reactivity disabled
- ScreenSaver causing black screen system lock up (fixed in next update)

We'll be posting an updated list of all the known issues on our website as soon as possible. For Mac users, we may not be able to support Catalina beyond the Standalone application, due to removal of features that we have long relied on, and continued lockdown of macOS. Apple is completely opaque when it comes to its operating system files, so it's difficult to know if features like ScreenSaver and Plugins will ever be functional again.
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org