For the REAL "Preferences" file experimenters

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

carl1011

For the REAL "Preferences" file experimenters

Post by carl1011 »

There is a line of code near the beginning of the preferences file that is quite long. (Shown directly below)

//Audio.FFT.Params = "FloorRaiseMax=0.7 Envelopes=16 InitialVolume=0.01 ShortImpulse=0.60 ShortWindow=0.3 ShortRamp=14.0 LongImpulse=0.59 LongWindow=0.043 LongRamp=25.0 ExciterImpulse=.55 PersistCoef=1.0 PersistLowThresh=.035"

Take the above line of code and comment it out by using two slashes - shown above - and insert these replacement lines directly below it. This makes it easy to return the file original configuration should the need arise. (Of course if you delete the "Preferences" file the G-Force will create a new one at startup.)

Audio.FFT.Params.FloorRaiseMax = 0.7
Audio.FFT.Params.Envelopes = 16
Audio.FFT.Params.InitialVolume = 0.01
Audio.FFT.Params.ShortImpulse = 0.60
Audio.FFT.Params.ShortWindow = 0.3
Audio.FFT.Params.ShortRamp = 14.0
Audio.FFT.Params.LongImpulse = 0.59
Audio.FFT.Params.LongWindow = 0.043
Audio.FFT.Params.LongRamp = 25
Audio.FFT.Params.ExciterImpulse = 0.55
Audio.FFT.Params.PersistCoef = 1.0
Audio.FFT.Params.PersistLowThresh = 0.035

I have tired each of the following and they create interesting visualizations. I recommend trying one at a time to see if you like the result.

Audio.FFT.Params.LongWindow = "0.04 + (0.008 / rnd( 5 ))"
Audio.FFT.Params.LongRamp = "20 + rnd( 10 )"
Audio.FFT.Params.ExciterImpulse = "0.35 + (0.4 / rnd( 8 ))"

I use an audio response scale of 1 and adjust the visualizer audio gain using the "-" and "+" as necessary.

Audio.Response.Scale = 1.00

Experiment with the other values as well. While the results may not always be pleasing it's interesting never the less.