Windows 11 and Soundspectrum Apps

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

sharok

Windows 11 and Soundspectrum Apps

Post by sharok »

Do Aeon and G-Force work with Windows 11?

jerohm

Re: Windows 11 and Soundspectrum Apps

Post by jerohm »

I am running Win11 on an alienware X17r1 (rtx3080) and seem to have NO problem... that is AFTER I uninstalled AWCC, the command control center.
There seems to have been a somewhat recent change, in how 'full screen' invocations are handled... which CAN be an issue, since the SS programs haven't been released (i.e., haven't been recompiled/linked with the most up to date libraries) since Win10.
luck

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharock

Not as technical as jerohm's post, and he knows more about the workings of G-Force than probably the creator does. It seems to be very much hit and miss with SS products and Windows 11 with some saying it works (the minority) whilst others say no. SS have not as jerohm mentioned updated any of their programs to be compatible with either the latest version of Windows or Mac, and they have no intention of doing so.

Basically SS is dead and gone, and there are no employees working for them.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

sharok

Post by sharok »

Many thanks for clarifying that. I'd like to build a PC for music only since my laptop is going to rest.
It seems like my safest bet is to go with Windows 10 since it is going to be used for music (Jriver/SS) only.