Qobuz & SS Audio Cable

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Travisse

Qobuz & SS Audio Cable

Post by Travisse »

I recently acquired Qobuz as an alternative to Spotify as I wanted that sweet extra bits and samples.

Qobuz, for those who don't know, has the ability to hook directly into your sound output and output the sample rate and bit rate depending on the song. In this example I would select my Toslink out (Realtek Digital Output) and select Wasapi Exclusive mode (Which I understand hijacks the output), heading over to my Cambridge Audio DAC which helpfully shows the sample rate of the audio source, correctly.

Now, obviously, I want my G-Force working with this! So I switch over the SS Audio cable and choose Wasapi Exclusive mode and am greeted with clicks and bobs, very similar to audio playing at entirely the wrong bit rate. The SS cable works on Wasabi (nonexclusive) but my DAC shows a 192khz sample rate, something I set my PC sound to by default. Leading me to believe that I am actually just receiving 44.1 16bit.

I noticed the output in the SS Audio Cable sound properties is locked at 16bit, 44.1hz. I'm assuming Qobuz cannot hook into this as it is an unusual way of getting G-force to work in the first place. I can hear the difference between the two, I have decent monitoring and there are subtle differences I can high in the high end.

So, my question; has anyone come across this? Does anyone have a work around?

Thanks for reading,
Kind regards,
Chris

BTT
Administrator

Re: Qobuz & SS Audio Cable

Post by BTT »

Hello Travisse

I doubt anyone on the forum can help with this. Your best bet is to open a support ticket with SoundSpectrum.

https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html (Copy & Paste into your browser)
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Travisse

Post by Travisse »

Thanks BTT,

Will do, I'll put any answers back here if it goes well

Cheers

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Travisse

Just for your info a reply from SS will take several days, even a week or two. Should you not receive a reply at all then post back here.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.