Start G-Force automatically when Winamp opens?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Melonking

Start G-Force automatically when Winamp opens?

Post by Melonking »

Im not sure if this is a G-Force question or a Winamp/WACUP one, but perhaps someone knows. When I start Winamp, G-Force does not reopen too, I have to manually re-start visualisers each time. Is there a way to make Winamp open G-Force visuals when it starts up? :?:

BTT
Administrator

Re: Start G-Force automatically when Winamp opens?

Post by BTT »

Hello Melonking

This is what I would do if I were you. Remove everything Winamp related. To completely remove all of its debris download and use the free trial of Revo uninstaller pro, you will be amazed how much stuff is left behind. Then download Winamp 5.66 from here:- https://winampheritage.com/download-winamp-player (copy & paste into your search bar). Make sure you download the full version. This is the set up I use myself without any issues. Any questions post back here.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

I haven't used winamp for a few years now. Instead, I use AIMP. It does not support the G-force plugin but I use the standalone anyway.

There is a new version of Winamp available for download. I've installed it and it seems a bit buggy. G-Force plugin works and will restart automatically if you shut winamp off while the vis is on. (As far as I know there is no way short of writing a script to make it start by itself). After turning winamp back on and seeing that G-force also restarted I turned of G-force and then winamp crashed when I tried returning the window to playlist. tried it again and the same thing happened.

I don't know if its G-force or winamps fault that things went off.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi

I believe your problem is with the latest release of Winamp which is still in development although this is not made clear on their website. That is why I advised Melonking on the best way to solve his issue. Winamp advise users not to install the new version over the previous version. Just to complicate things further G-Force and Windows 11 do not like each other (works for some, not for others) and as SoundSpectrum have abandoned all their customers they will not be updating any of their visuals to work with the latest version of Windows or Mac. They should hang their heads in shame.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.