Latest version: Patterns are independent, not in time with music

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

NBachers

Latest version: Patterns are independent, not in time with music

Post by NBachers »

I've been a G-Force customer for years; I just downloaded the latest version of G-Force Platinum.

In previous G-Force versions, the music actually made changes in the patterns. In my latest version, the colors and patterns are nice and everything, but they all seem to be completely independent of the music. The visual is not affected by the music. That's why I got involved with G-Force in the first place - the visuals and music happened in relation with each other. I've played with some of the slider bars on the toolbar, but nothing seems to happen. I got more responsiveness on my old version, which I'd had for years, than with my new one, and I never even changed anything on the toolbar before.

If someone has a solution, please present it in clear, easy-to-understand instructions with specific things I can do to make this better.

Thanks!

BTT
Administrator

Re: Latest version: Patterns are independent, not in time with music

Post by BTT »

Hello NBachers

Are you using Windows if so which version or are you using a Mac? Which media player are you using?
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

jerohm

Re: Latest version: Patterns are independent, not in time with music

Post by jerohm »

If you seriously want help, you really should reply, when BTT takes an interest. It would also help if you could pick out
a specific WaveShape, or two, to limit the scope of the issue.

try DECREASING the Toolbar reactivity slider (or editing the preference Audio.Response.Scale to less than 1.0)
Every player (including standalone) has its own preference file, and will/can be different. I wrote most of my stuff using
WinAmp 5.666, and even though WACUP is based on that version, Audio.Response.Scale=.8 works better (+/- .05).
Your mileage may vary.