Any way to get the V-Bar to remember its settings?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Mister Packers

Any way to get the V-Bar to remember its settings?

Post by Mister Packers »

I've really been enjoying the G-Force V-Bar. I listen to music while I work from home and it is the perfect companion. It plays nicely with other Windows applications and I can control how much screen real estate it gets. But one thing it doesn't seem to do is save its settings when it closes. Every time I re-open it, I see the welcome dialog. The "Don't show this message again" checkbox is ignored. I then have to reposition and reset my previous settings to my liking.

The "Preferences (V-Bar).txt" file doesn't contain any data that look like they reflect the options available to the user via right-clicking on the V-Bar.

Am I missing something or does this plain and simple just not work? I can live with it if that is the case.

Thanks

P.S. Seems I am late to the G-Force forums and I have missed out on various custom elements that have been passed around between members. I don't see any active threads distributing content. I am very interested in collecting more visual diversity, so please point me to where I can go to find waveshapes, particles, flowfields, etc. Much appreciated.

BTT
Administrator

Re: Any way to get the V-Bar to remember its settings?

Post by BTT »

Hello Mister Packers

You will need to contact Brandon at SoundSpectrum Support regarding the V-Bar:-

https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

There are many WaveShapes, Particles and ColorMaps not included with GF, look through the lists of posts in the GF section of the forums.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Mister Packers

Re: Any way to get the V-Bar to remember its settings?

Post by Mister Packers »

Thanks, BTT.

I have another technical problem which may be a support question, but I will post a different thread before writing them so there is visibility amongst other forum users.

Yeah, regarding finding sources for additional GF content, the pickings are slim. There are a couple of forum posts that point to downloads. More common are threads about distributing content that end with the offer no longer being available.

Similarly, this link implies there are goodies to be had, but all the links are dead. https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/contributors.html.

I suppose there aren't many GF config creators and that is why I am not finding anything on the internet to download. Creating is a skill, after all.

Cheers,

Mister Packers