Finally, the soundspectrum visualizers in all their glory. Warmly recommended.

Discussions that relate to all of SoundSpectrum's visual offerings.

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall

Batbox

Finally, the soundspectrum visualizers in all their glory. Warmly recommended.

Post by Batbox »

Finally, after all those years (that I have had these), I again fire up the visualizers - all three - White Cap, Aeon, G-Force - on a new G2 Mac. And finally, they all work at Retina, the high quality mode, without the computer making a sound, barely an effort. (with the previous 2019 mac, the computer could not quite cope with it, the fans were going wild). This is it, this is finally what it should be.

Although, I realise that Soundspectrum has now given up on these, this, their sunset, is actually their time to shine. Wonderful. Just glorious. Highly recommended, to all who still can get these running :) These are truly a work of art.

( Note that, for instance, the free Ginger Audio Caster or their previous Cube is required to route the audio to the stand-alone visualizers on a current OSX installation, the old audio routers such as the soundflower no longer work )

( Although, I somewhat hesitate to recommend someone to buy these as a first-time purchase due to the possible lack of future updates, but for the rest of us - give them a spin on the new M2! Enjoy them as they were meant to be one final run, before they stop working)
-------
The computer is your friend. Trust the computer.

juxtiphi

Re: Finally, the soundspectrum visualizers in all their glory. Warmly recommended.

Post by juxtiphi »

Hi Batbox

I am so glad someone is enjoying G-Force. I haven't been able to enjoy it for some time now.

It's a shame they no longer care about these progs. These programs are as interesting to day as the day they were created. I have seen nothing that even comes close.

Have fun and thanks for posting!!

BTT
Administrator

Re: Finally, the soundspectrum visualizers in all their glory. Warmly recommended.

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi
I am so glad someone is enjoying G-Force. I haven't been able to enjoy it for some time now.
What is the problem?. Maybe I can help.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

BTT wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:42 pm
Hello juxtiphi
What is the problem?. Maybe I can help.
HI BTT

My soundcard is not being recognized. It's been like that for the last two three years. I have no idea why it stopped seeing it.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi

My first thought was if your using Windows 11 their could be a compatibility issue with an older sound card or even G-Force itself.

1) What version of Windows are you running?
2) The make of the sound card?
3) Have you updated the drivers?
4) Does the audio work OK just not with G-Force?

If I remember you use the Stand Alone version, you could try using a media player like Winamp (see link below) make sure you download the full version. Then completely uninstall G-Force using the free version of Revo Uninstaller (see link below).

Install Winamp, then download G-Force (see link below), install G-Force selecting only Winamp (NOT Stand Alone), your current activation code will still be accepted.

Copy and Paste the links into your browser:-

https://winampheritage.com/download-winamp-player
https://www.revouninstaller.com/
https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/download_products.html
Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

BTT wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:56 pm
Hello juxtiphi

My first thought was if your using Windows 11 their could be a compatibility issue with an older sound card or even G-Force itself.

1) What version of Windows are you running?
2) The make of the sound card?
3) Have you updated the drivers?
4) Does the audio work OK just not with G-Force?

If I remember you use the Stand Alone version, you could try using a media player like Winamp (see link below) make sure you download the full version. Then completely uninstall G-Force using the free version of Revo Uninstaller (see link below).

Install Winamp, then download G-Force (see link below), install G-Force selecting only Winamp (NOT Stand Alone), your current activation code will still be accepted.

Copy and Paste the links into your browser:-

LOL!!

Hi BTT

It's none of the above and what's funny is I've given the same advice many times. Key info though, I'm still on windows 10.

https://winampheritage.com/download-winamp-player
https://www.revouninstaller.com/
https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/download_products.html

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi

I too use Windows 10, have heard of too many issues with 11. I still would like to know if your sound card plays audio OK just not with G-Force.
Regards BTT

Batbox

Post by Batbox »

Sorry to hear about the problem here... Running WhiteCap now, looking glorious as never before. However, for audio routing, I noticed that the new macos Caster has a nag window, whereas their older Cube software does not have it. Otherwise they are identical, if all one wants to do is to run these visualizers. So, I recommend Cube for now for Macos, even though both are free.
-------

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

BTT wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:06 pm
Hello juxtiphi

I too use Windows 10, have heard of too many issues with 11. I still would like to know if your sound card plays audio OK just not with G-Force.
My comp runs just fine no issues what so ever except with G-Force.

Batbox

Post by Batbox »

Got to say it again, these look glorious in 4K, on the M2 mac line, working without activating the fans at all :)
I wish I could conserve this forever, although I realize at some point they will stop working.
-------