Fullscreen problems

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

AdmiralRaccoon

Fullscreen problems

Post by AdmiralRaccoon »

Hello,
I have bought a rather cheap radeon card (R7 240), hoping that the soundspectrum plugins are running smoother and faster than my onboard card.

Aeon i supposed to run on an 42" LED screen, while Winamp is running on an 24" Screen.
In Window mode (Direct3D), the performance is very good with "Best" Graphics settings.
However, when switching to fullscreen, the displays are messed up. The 42" screen shows a still of the Aeon Windows, while the 24" screen is flickering and displays both the normal desktop and the aeon fullscreen rapidly in sequence.
I only can exit when pressing alt+f4.

I then tried to use OpenGL, in which the fullscreen works as I wanted on the 42" screen without problem, but the performance is terrible, even on the "fastest" Graphics settings.

I´m using Windows 10 64-Bit and the latest Radeon drivers.
Any Ideas?

Greetings,
Philipp

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Hi phillipp

that is a head-scratcher. Do you have G-force and if so is it giving you the same problem or does it work correctly?

My only suggestion is too check the resolutions for your monitors and make sure they are running at the recommended sizes.

If you cannot figure it out then I suggest opening a support ticket here

https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello AdmiralRaccoon

I believe that Radeon card R7 240 has 2Gb of memory so it shouldn't cause you any problems.

Two things you could try:-

Download Aeon again from SoundSpectrum keeping the installer program you already have. Then uninstall Aeon and search for any files or folders left behind after the uninstall (you will find some). Restart then install the fresh copy of Aeon as sometimes the program can become corrupted.

You could also do a search on the internet for a program called Fraps, this will giive you the FPS when running Aeon. You should expect to see 50 to 60 FPS.

If that doesn't resolve the problem then contact SoundSpectrum as juxtiphi has suggested.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.