"Full Screen" instability problem

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

JeffUK

"Full Screen" instability problem

Post by JeffUK »

Had my Aeon standalone for a couple of weeks now and it has been running perfectly. But all of a sudden when I switch to full screen, although the image on my laptop is fine, the image as projected by my digital projector flickers/fades/brightens rapidly and there is unstable horizontal banding. This is a problem only with the Aeon program in full screen mode. If Aeon is not full screen , the projected image is fine. You tube vids projected in full screen - no problem. Another visualizer projected in fullscreen - no problem. So it doesnt seem to be projector related eg bulb flicker. (I tried running at full power which apparently sometimes cures bulb flicker - but no difference.).
Any suggestions please?

juxtiphi

Re: "Full Screen" instability problem

Post by juxtiphi »

JeffUK wrote:Had my Aeon standalone for a couple of weeks now and it has been running perfectly. But all of a sudden when I switch to full screen, although the image on my laptop is fine, the image as projected by my digital projector flickers/fades/brightens rapidly and there is unstable horizontal banding. This is a problem only with the Aeon program in full screen mode. If Aeon is not full screen , the projected image is fine. You tube vids projected in full screen - no problem. Another visualizer projected in fullscreen - no problem. So it doesnt seem to be projector related eg bulb flicker. (I tried running at full power which apparently sometimes cures bulb flicker - but no difference.).
Any suggestions please?
Hi jeffUK

what do you have the graphics set at? try changing the settings and see if it makes a difference.

JeffUK

Full screen instability

Post by JeffUK »

Thanks for that. I'm not familiar with "graphics settings" apart from resolution. Could you suggest what things I could change?

juxtiphi

Re: Full screen instability

Post by juxtiphi »

JeffUK wrote:Thanks for that. I'm not familiar with "graphics settings" apart from resolution. Could you suggest what things I could change?

Hit settings and look at the very top of the options there you will see a couple of gears with the word Graphics right click it and three options are available

Fastest
Moderate
Best

try changing these and see if the problem works out. Seeing how other programs seem to work ok if this doesn't I cannot offer any other explanations so if this fails you should open a support ticket and see if they can shed more light on this.

click the link and fill out the fields and submit

https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

JeffUK

Full Screen projection problem

Post by JeffUK »

Thanks. I tried adjusting those, but it didnt help. I also had a play around with the projector's aspect ratio and resolution , but still no luck. Aeon will project fine as long as it isnt full screen, so it does seem to be a problem with the program. Anyhow, I will now open a support request.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello JeffUK

Were SoundSpectrum able to resolve this issue? If so would you be kind enough to post the solution so other users having the same problem know how to fix this.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

JeffUK

Full screen projection problem.

Post by JeffUK »

Not yet. To begin with , they suggest trying different laptop/projector leads, trying a different projector, and then sending some screenshots if this doesnt resolve the problem. It will take me a short while to follow these up, but since the problem occurs only with full screen Aeon, and not full screen with anything else, I dont expect that this will solve the problem. I will post further info as things progress.