Saving Themes

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

ScottB601

Saving Themes

Post by ScottB601 »

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but, if so, I can't find it.

I want to save a "custom theme" with certain scenes deleted. That's it. I want all the colors saved with the theme. It seems every time I quit iTunes 12.7 under Mac OS 10.13 all my customizations are gone. Further, I can't get it to save my colormap choices (all of them) no matter what.

Please help. Thanks. I love AEON but this app has the worst documentation I've ever seen.

juxtiphi

Re: Saving Themes

Post by juxtiphi »

ScottB601 wrote:Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but, if so, I can't find it.

I want to save a "custom theme" with certain scenes deleted. That's it. I want all the colors saved with the theme. It seems every time I quit iTunes 12.7 under Mac OS 10.13 all my customizations are gone. Further, I can't get it to save my colormap choices (all of them) no matter what.

Please help. Thanks. I love AEON but this app has the worst documentation I've ever seen.
Hi ScottB601

There are threads dedicated to this subject in the G-force section but the general consensus is that the UI and the way themes are saved is a bit complicated or counter-intuitive and many folks cannot figure out how to save a theme in either program. I was never able to figure it out so I pretty much quit trying and though some have tried a more simple explanation has never been offered.

ScottB601

Saving themes

Post by ScottB601 »

I've played around with different files and now I know that Python "scenes" are generated by the program. Deleting them from the folder doesn't work, and renaming them doesn't work. I found another file that says "exclude files "" " but can't figure out what to put between the quotes, if that's the way it works. SS should teach one of us, and then that person can teach the rest of us.

ScottB601

Saving themes

Post by ScottB601 »

Somewhere, the name "Astral Forge" has to be stored and if that location is deleted, it should delete that scene.

juxtiphi

Re: Saving themes

Post by juxtiphi »

ScottB601 wrote:Somewhere, the name "Astral Forge" has to be stored and if that location is deleted, it should delete that scene.
Astral Forge is located in;

C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundSpectrum\Aeon\Packages\Aeon.Scene.package\Astral Forge.

ScottB601

Solved. Easy to remove scenes and/or color maps.

Post by ScottB601 »

If you want to remove certain scenes (Sakura Branch, for one, IMO) or a colormap you don't care for:

Follow this pathway, at least for Macintosh High Sierra:

Hard Drive > (User) > Library > Application Support > SoundSpectrum > Aeon > Packages > FOLDERNAME

If you want to remove certain Scenes, FOLDERNAME = Aeon.Scene.package
If you want to remove certain ColorMaps, FOLDERNAME = Aeon.ColorMap.package

Once in the FOLDER specified, move any scene or color map folder to your own archive folder that you've created. That way you can get them back. If you want a scene or color map back, move the file from your archive folder back to the relevant folder.

If your User Library doesn't show up, use the "Go" menu or look up the Terminal command line change to show the Library.

A message about a missing file will show up at the upper left corner of the active AEON screen, but it goes away. The deleted scene will still be shown in the Active Scenes list, but it will not be activated, nor can it be activated.
Thanks to Brandon from SoundSpectrum Support for helping me out with this!