AEON & VIRTUALDJ

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

beatmaster2000

Question?

Post by beatmaster2000 »

How can I in standalone mode to set a different audio source?

Use Breakaway Audio enchancer (http://www.claessonedwards.com/index.php)

Winamp & VirtualDJ have the sound visualization with Breakaway Audio enchancer

In the Standalone Mode no sound visualization

Regards

Engelbert

juxtiphi

Re: Question?

Post by juxtiphi »

beatmaster2000 wrote:How can I in standalone mode to set a different audio source?

Use Breakaway Audio enchancer (http://www.claessonedwards.com/index.php)

Winamp & VirtualDJ have the sound visualization with Breakaway Audio enchancer

In the Standalone Mode no sound visualization

Regards

Engelbert
Start Aeon in windowed mode and right click on the screen, an options menu will pop up, there you will see audio input source. Mouse over and choose the source you want. If its not listed Aeon isn't seeing it.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Thanks, Juxtiphi! Anyone have any issues to report on the VDJ front?

syscheck

Post by syscheck »

FrankN wrote:Thanks, Juxtiphi! Anyone have any issues to report on the VDJ front?
I would be happy to know if anyone has verified a decent working situation with VirtualDJ 8.
I've stopped using Aeon because I couldn't get it (paid version of Aeon with payed version of VirtualDJ 7) to work in the end of 2013.
Before I buy Aeon (*sigh* again...), I would like to be sure that it works as video plugin in VirtualDJ 8.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

I have gotten it to work myself, but if it doesn't work for you, write to me(through our support ticket site, https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html) and we can give you a refund.

syscheck

Post by syscheck »

In that case; It might take a couple of weeks before I get a chance to really test (probably buy upfront), but I'll come back to you...

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Ok, remember that this isn't the place to contact SoundSpectrum directly, and that you should reach us through our support ticket site (https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html).

syscheck

Post by syscheck »

Will do, will do Frank... 8)
I just came 'back' to this page when googling for 'visualizer virtualdj'.
Nice to see the support and forum are still alive and kicking. :wink:

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Ha! I check here whenever I can. Good to know that we don't need much in the way of SEO!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello syscheck

Just to inform you that I have removed the link to your website in your profile. We only allow SoundSpectrum links on the forum. I realise that the option is there, unfortunately we are not able to disable the feature. Hope you understand.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

syscheck

Post by syscheck »

BTT wrote:Hope you understand.
No prob.
Although I hope you'll find an option to turn it of on administrator level. Would be kind of hard to keep everybody in line ;-)

@FrankN
Thanks for the chat yesterday. Good customer service!

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Thanks, syscheck! We'll try!

syscheck

Settings within VirtualDJ

Post by syscheck »

After a try-out within VirtualDJ 8 I noticed 2 things. I hope you are able to help me out with this, because I sort of unfamiliar with the options from the visualiser:
- within VirtualDJ it seems that you cannot change the options for the visualization. As a result it looks like the beats aren't really being responded to. Is there an option maybe in an .ini file to change variation in images/beat recognition?
- Turning on/of seems to be conflicting with an old visualizer Milkdrop I used.

In short; I think it would help out if there was a small guide available how to use the visualizer correctly, or manage some settings through a file.
Would be great for a noob like me!

By the way; G-force plugin also works straight out of the box with VirtualDJ 8. I'm going to see if the audio also works when rendered through an external soundcard/DJ controller.

If, with the help of the forum/OPS, I get this to work, I think it's a great extra functionality to use Soundspectrum's visualizers within not only VirtualDJ, but maybe also other DJ-software!

...(Or is it better to use the standalone functionality? Please help me out what to choose ;-) )

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi syscheck,

Thanks for writing!

There should be a message when you start Aeon in VirtualDJ that lets you know that the controls don't work, because of some programming choices VirtualDJ made, and asking you to contact them regarding the matter. Does that appear?

The plugin definitely works with the player, though. If the plugin isn't reacting to music, then we should talk about that in the support queue, because it only pertains to your machine.

As for the conflict with Milkdrop, this is the first we're hearing about it. We'll try to find a workaround, but for now, you might consider disabling it.

I hope that helps! We certainly could come up with a guide, but what would it have in it? Something like the stuff on the page below?

- https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/Documentation/

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

FrankN wrote:There should be a message when you start Aeon in VirtualDJ that lets you know that the controls don't work, because of some programming choices VirtualDJ made, and asking you to contact them regarding the matter. Does that appear?
From what I recall, after attempting to adjust visualizer controls on Virtual DJ 8 when it first was released (I have a broadcaster license from V7) is that as a user a message is either displayed or it is written up in FAQ sections that for full access to visualizer options and removal of the Virtual DJ logo that floats in the bottom right of the screen, the VDJ8 user must upgrade to either a monthly / annual / or lifetime membership.

So if a SS visualizer plugin is installed and selected from the VDJ8 options, one cannot easily adjust the frame rate, theme, roll the dice randomize patterns, etc: unless they pay Virtual DJ the moolah.

Another way is to attempt trying VDJ8 yourself Frank, as Virtual DJ 8 home edition is free to download, install and use.

If what I have mentioned still holds true then it is a case of a licensed copyrighted electronic product being remodified and limited in capabilities without the knowledge of the creator for the sole benefit of the software owner for whom the plug-in was intended for, re-used financially which is being limited in functionality unless the user purchases a digital membership from Virtual DJ at their own hidden expense.

Hope this helps, thanks in advance.

Alf in Australia