V3.5.3 Theme selection from main user inteface python errors

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

ozbeats

V3.5.3 Theme selection from main user inteface python errors

Post by ozbeats »

Just updated to Aeon Platinum 3.5.3 and no matter which scene selection I make it generates a list of about 7 lines with python errors - "undefined" theme doesn't exist...,

Same identical errors in the newer whitecap as well. My only way around this as the scene selection auto reselects standard theme is to modify the start-up theme in advanced settings user interface menu,
and restart the same standalone version, affecting both 32bit and 64bit versions,

I'm using Windows 8.1 pro with Windows media Center 64-bit Operating System, HP Quadcore Q6600, 8GB RAM and a 2GB GPU Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX660Ti with DX11 and OpenGL4.4 support

Thanks, from Alf
Last edited by ozbeats on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello ozbeats

As far as I know the only person familiar with Python at SoundSpectrum is Andy himself. I suggest you open a support ticket which FrankN can then show Andy. Give as much detail as you can.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Regards BTT

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hey guys,

This error can be fixed quickly by changing the SSEngine.py file, if you're so inclined. Simply go to line 1059 and change:

Code: Select all

Interpreter.ActivateTheme( themeName )
to

Code: Select all

Interpreter.ActivateTheme( inThemeName )
This also fixes the identical issue in WhiteCap.

We will likely release an update soon that will fix the issue.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Hi Frank,

Yes, it works, although I had to edit it using SmartFTP (I have the ultimate upgraded version) as I do not have any other python language capable wysiwyg editors, I am unsure if Microsoft Web Expression is one though....

Also, because these files are in the library or the main programs folder, I copied both aeon's and whitecap's to the desktop, edited from there and copied them back, because direct editing and saving generates a c drive permission failure.

Thanks for the quick resolution, it was easy as pie, never edited python files before..... but I've done plenty of html and php website programming, etc.

All fixed, Cheers! :D

Thank You 8)

Baldufa

Post by Baldufa »

G-force or Aeon 353?

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Baldufa wrote:G-force or Aeon 353?
Aeon, well spotted! Now it's correct, lol... :)

Cheers

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

This issue has now been resolved with newer release of Aeon version 3.5.4 and Whitecap 6.1.2 fully correcting the issues.