Not sure where to put this... Winter Wonders...

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

winterwonder123

Not sure where to put this... Winter Wonders...

Post by winterwonder123 »

Has anyone had problems with Winter Wonders? It doesn't seem to work with windows 8 on my computer. When I try to use it as a screensaver it says, "Winter Wonders failed to load. Please reinstall Winter Wonders in order to fix the problem. [ID=55040]". I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it over 10 times now and it doesn't see to fix the problem. Any suggestions? I am sorry if this is this is the wrong forum discussion platform, but there isn't a winter wonders discussion and I haven't heard back from soundspectrum after emailing them. Any suggestions?

juxtiphi

Re: Not sure where to put this... Winter Wonders...

Post by juxtiphi »

winterwonder123 wrote:Has anyone had problems with Winter Wonders? It doesn't seem to work with windows 8 on my computer. When I try to use it as a screensaver it says, "Winter Wonders failed to load. Please reinstall Winter Wonders in order to fix the problem. [ID=55040]". I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it over 10 times now and it doesn't see to fix the problem. Any suggestions? I am sorry if this is this is the wrong forum discussion platform, but there isn't a winter wonders discussion and I haven't heard back from soundspectrum after emailing them. Any suggestions?
Hi winterwonder123

What version of Winterwonders do you have?

I dont normally run that prog but if its an older version say from last year or the year before ( I'm not current on the latest version #) then its possible that its not compatible with windows 8.

I'm not sure so take this with a grain of salt, I dont work for SS so I dont know their plans but there may be a new version this year.

you can also let them now there is a problem with it and windows 8 by opening a support ticket.

click the link and then select your point of contact, (the middle choice) and then tell them what type of machine you have and your current OS.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello winterwonder123

When you uninstalled Winter Wonders did you delete the folder in Program Files, and the files in Documents and Settings (as in XP)?

Regards BTT