Performance problems

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

NJKA001 wrote:@BTT If you can find the solution then please post it, so we can all benefit.Thanks
I have today (Sunday) contacted SoundSpectrum making them aware of this problem and have asked for their input.

Regards BTT

Ixionx

Post by Ixionx »

I filed a bug report on this late last year and included event viewer logs etc... still yet to hear anything back about it :(

G-Force runs fine, Aeon doesn't. It makes my purchase a bit pointless because my media centre is the only thing I run it on. I even did a complete format/reinstall with nothing other than Aeon installed and the same problem presents itself. Tried it on a completely different set of hardware as well :(

sitsparky

Post by sitsparky »

Hi all. We are aware of the runtime error that occurs when running Aeon within Windows Media Center x64 and are working to address it in a coming update. I apologize for any inconvenience, though please note that we are still the first and only third-party visualizer company that has addressed 64-bit plug-in support in this environment, and as with many first attempts there may be some rough edges that need smoothing out. However, if you are a current paid license holder for Aeon and you use WMC x64 primarily to listen to and visualize your music, feel free to open a support ticket with us and we can discuss whether any reparations need be applied.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Thanks for your patience in this matter.

Ixionx

Post by Ixionx »

Appreciate the update. Looking forward to seeing Aeon run again on my HTPC :D

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Funny, Aeon works just fine on my computer running 64 bit windows 7 home premium.

no errors yet to be seen so if it works for me why not others?

maybe its not Aeon

If I could figure out how to get a screen shot from the 64 WMC version I would love to post them here.

Aeon looks Amazing! and I'm not towing the company line :D

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi

You can do just that, download the full working trial program from the link below.

Let me know when done and I will remove the link.

Regards BTT
Last edited by BTT on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Here are the screen shots from WMC 64 bit for those who dont feel Aeon is working properly.

no errors!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi

Nice screenshots, I take it the program done it's job. Have you left Aeon running for more than 30 mins without any errors?

Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

BTT wrote:Hello juxtiphi

Nice screenshots, I take it the program done it's job. Have you left Aeon running for more than 30 mins without any errors?

Regards BTT
Ok after about 20 min it popped up :cry: my bad :oops:

still got a bunch or nice shots though :D

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi

I thought it was going too well, that's why I asked about running Aeon for 30 Min's. Hopefully the next update will solve the problem, and that will be sooner rather than later I believe.

Regards BTT

DireWolf

Post by DireWolf »

Just to chime in on the performance issue. I also got a quad core running at 3.04 ghz with 4gb of ram and a GTX 560 with one gig of ram. This lets me run it in 1080p resolution the only stutter I get is when it transitions from one complex scene to another complex scene. This is something I have even seen milkdrop 2.0+ do with the more advanced presets.

In milkdrop however you had an option to stop the current running preset while fading in the next preset. This kept things smooth "most" of the time.

Maybe adding an option like that would please everyone.

In regards to media center. It works fine here also. Those errors you get though almost looks like you are missing some runtime dll's.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

DireWolf wrote:In milkdrop however you had an option to stop the current running preset while fading in the next preset. This kept things smooth "most" of the time.

Maybe adding an option like that would please everyone.
How about it Mike

Regards BTT

EdH63

Post by EdH63 »

So, do we have any idea when an update will be? It would be nice to have it running properly before I have to pay to re-up for another year.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello EdH63
BTT wrote:.....and that will be sooner rather than later I believe.
When I posted the above information back in February it was based on information I had received from Andy. There are some new features in the next version of Aeon which may be the reason for the delay. (no, I cannot tell you what they are).

Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

I just got a weird error while running Aeon standalone in fullscreen mode. I just happened to notice that a report was showing in the upper right of the window, I didnt get to se it very long but there was a mention of an argument needing 2 but three were given or something very much like that related to a bridge scene or a bridging of scenes.

If anyone has a guess or knows what it was please tell me.