Inserting Winter Wonders Scenes into Aeon

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

AMT

Inserting Winter Wonders Scenes into Aeon

Post by AMT »

Just wondering, will Aeon accept Winter Wonders scenes?
Is there a way of making this work?
I know that GForce, Aeon and WW accept the same color maps, now I am wondering about scenes. I am not a programmer, but they appear to use the exact same syntax.

Thanks for any help and info.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello AMT

I would think it most unlikely, click on the link below to contact SoundSpectrum who will be able to answer your question.
Having said that there are similarities between the new Winter Wonders and Aeon?

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Regards BTT

AMT

Post by AMT »

BTT wrote: Having said that there are similarities between the new Winter Wonders and Aeon?
If you have both programs installed open a scene file from both in notepad, and take a look at the syntax.

Last night i was able to run a Winter Wonders scene in Aeon, but only by renaming it as an existing Aeon scene and replacing it.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello AMT

I do have both programs but decided to uninstall them today, I am more of a G-Force man. I will re-install both sometime Wednesday and give your 'discovery' a try, very interesting.

Maybe m2c will offer some advice.

Regards BTT

m2c

Post by m2c »

I have been summoned! =p

Yeah, you probably can have WW content running in Aeon, but the content in each have different directory structures, so there might be issues with trying to load geometry/textures that aren't in the proper folder. Or, you can probably just copy the 'Holiday' folder in WW/Home/Scenes into the Aeon Scenes folder (still need to edit scene list).

To add new scenes to the list, edit SoundSpectrum/Aeon/Home/Library/SceneData.py - copy the format and add your WW scene, something like:

'Treats' : [ { 'src' : 'Holiday/Treats/Treats.py' } ],

Hope that helps!

AMT

Post by AMT »

Awesome, thanks! I'll let you know if it works!

AMT

Post by AMT »

Working like a charm!