Needs Pixel Doubling feature from G-Force

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

peterj

Needs Pixel Doubling feature from G-Force

Post by peterj »

Hi, Aeon looks nice but my aging 1.8GHz CPU can't render fast enough at 1920x1080 so the frame rate is reduced terribly - please add the shift-X Pixel Doubling feature from G-Force to Aeon so that the frame rate is improved on slow systems like mine, thanks!

FYI I've been using Pixel Doubling for years now with G-Force and the loss in resolution is more than compensated by the increased frame rate.

BTW this is a resubmit from my new account since the old one could be hacked - please delete the previous topic with same title.

peterj

Post by peterj »

Tried Aeon 2.0.0 and disappointed that this feature didn't make it in or was even commented on :(

I've tried hitting "M" while Aeon is running to change resolution and just sticks to the max 1920x1080 resolution over and over again, doesn't cycle through any other resolutions.

I also tried editing the screen resolution in the Aeon iTunes config file to 960x540, but as soon as Aeon runs the config file is changed back to the original 1920x1080.

How can I force Aeon to halve/quarter the pixel resolution so that I can double/quadruple the frame rate???

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello peterj

The team from SoundSpectrum rarely visit the Forum. The best advice I can give you is to click on the link below, fill in your details and the information in your posts and SoundSpectrum will contact you direct normally within two working days.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Regards BTT

peterj

Post by peterj »

Hi BTT, good advice and you were right - SoundSpectrum respond to email but not to postings on the forum!

I got this overnight response from tech support: I assume you are using our free trial version. It's probable that you are unable to change the full-screen resolution, even by editing the preference file, because this is not a feature supported within our free trial.

It doesn't solve the problem but at least it explains it. It's a pity that the documentation didn't highlight that difference in the free trial.