Unmonitored WhiteCap bug reporting

Moderators: andy55, b.dwall

GizmoGTI

Whitecap screensaver causes soundcard to lose connection

Post by GizmoGTI »

Contact Info:
email address and IM info

Subject:
Bug Report - Whitecap screensaver causes soundcard to lose connection.

Your System Information
Version of your OS: Windows Vista 32bit SP1
Version of WhiteCap: Platinum (Latest version)
Version of your media player: Windows Media Player
Graphics hardware info: HP Slimline s3480a
Other system information: M-Audio Firewire 410 external Soundcard

Detailed Description of Bug

While having Whitecap as the default visualization effects in Windows Media Player with the Whitecap screensaver configured as the default screensaver, I've noticed that if I pause Windows Media Player and wait until whitecap screensaver activates, (or make a coffee whip up some toast and by the time I come back the Whitecap screensaver kicks in). Then return to play or unpause Windows Media Player to again play mp3's I was listening to - the M-Audio Firewire 410 seems to lose connectivity to the PC hence error from Windows Media Player is displayed.

I then need to Power off the PC and reboot in order to have the PC recognize the M-Audio Firewire 410 sound card again, (a warm or soft reset (windows reboot option) fails to recognize the M-Audio).

If I configure the screensaver using the windows logo screensaver, or choose the blank screen screensaver option, I don't have this problem!!

I've noticed this since upgrading to the latest version of whitecap (WhiteCap_514_Platinum.exe). I can't recall having this problem with either 505 orm 511??

Description of How to Replicate Bug

see above.
"You want the truth - you can't handle the truth."