Softskies Problems!

Unmonitored SoftSkies bug reporting

Moderators: andy55, b.dwall

Angelfire

Softskies Problems!

Post by Angelfire »

1. When launching Softskies Standalone, a black screen emerges, and that's it. It stays black, you can't right click for controls, nothing at all.

2. When playing Softskies in Windows Media Player version 11, i can acces softskies controls. Problem is however i CAN'T combine different themes.
For instance: i can choose certain skies, or vieuw certain sceneries.
But i can't combone a scenery with moving skies. With the scenery the sky remains black or white.

3.When accessing the menu Skiesdesigner, i get a black screen where normally the visualisation should be, with errorwarnings, nothing else happens. It looks like DOS kinda like.

I would appreciate some feedback here, with all respect, as i just payed 30$ for something that isn't working as it should.

Thanks

Kind regards

Ps, i am running Windows XP, windows media player 11,

Computerspecs;
-Realtek AC97 Audio
-NVIDIA GEFORCE 6600 256 mb

-AMD athlon 64 3800+
-1024 DDR ram

jon

Post by jon »

Sorry to hear you're having problems with SoftSkies. Can you tell me if the trial version was working okay for you?

Also, can you tell me about the error warnings you're seeing in the Skies Designer? There shouldn't be any warnings coming from our software, so I'm curious to know what it is.

Finally, you might want to try out a beta of SoftSkies 1.1 and see if that changes anything. Sign up on this page:

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/beta_list.html

After signing up, you should be able to download the beta on the download page.

- jon

Angelfire

Post by Angelfire »

Well it aren't error warning, it is within windows media player 11 on the screen where the visualisation should be, instead of giving images, it gives a serie error warnings. There are quite a lot, so i'll just type a few:

1 messages while compiling background colour:
error: undefined action 'setenv (string, int, int)'

this is just one error, when adjusting the background colour, so when i change the setting somewhere else, it gives other error warnings.

Also except the fact that i can't combine sceneries like castles, with a background sky,

i also see that when choosing Blue skies, i am getting black skie with flashing white clouds.

The V-bar is working fine

I already tried Redownloading the software and reinstalling it, but same problem.
------------------------------

ok i just added myself to the BETA list, but when going to the download section, i haven't seen any beta versions other then the regular, maybe it will be added later as an option?

Friendly regards

Angelfire

Post by Angelfire »

warnings

Black skies

Error Stand alone
Image[/img]

jon

Post by jon »

Thanks for posting the screenshots -- they help us to understand the problem much better!

You should see the SoftSkies beta when you enter your license code on this page:

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/do ... ducts.html

If you don't, please send me a private message with your email address so we can get it worked out.

jon

Post by jon »

Another followup here -- I think I've identified the problem with SoftSkies. It looks like you're running with a Dutch system correct? I think SoftSkies is having trouble with the string encoding for the Dutch language.

We'll start working on a fix and will get it to you as soon as possible!

Angelfire

Post by Angelfire »

this is what i get on the link where i can download the beta;

Download SoftSkies Gold

Download SoftSkies Gold by clicking on the appropriate link below.

Detailed installation instructions are a part of the SoftSkies Documentation.

Windows 2000/XP

SoftSkies Gold for Windows Media Player

SoftSkies Screen Saver

My email adress is indigolight22@yahoo.com
PM is disabled :)

And yes it's dutch, thanks for the fast reply and help!
Very pleasing :D

Angelfire

Fixed

Post by Angelfire »

Softskies is working perfectly with the platinum beta version.

i'd like to thank the team behind soundspectrum for their professionality and swift response to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot :)

your dutch user

MojoPup

Locks up my laptop

Post by MojoPup »

So far, since installing the trial - I haven't been able to get it started. It just puts up either a black screen or something that looks like a video test screen and locks up the laptop completely. No kepboard or mouse response. Can't even pull up the Cntrl-Alt-Del box.

HP Pavilion zv5330us
1+GB ram
3.4GHz
Win XP, SP2
WMP 11

Any ideas??

ingoldsby

Re: Fixed

Post by ingoldsby »

Angelfire wrote:Softskies is working perfectly with the platinum beta version.

i'd like to thank the team behind soundspectrum for their professionality and swift response to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot :)

your dutch user
I wish I had access to the beta version. I have the Gold version for Itunes (Windows) and am having the exact same problem. Stand alone shows a black screen - can't get anything from it. Running it from within itunes will work in windowed mode (but wont fill up the scree if maximized) and if I try full screen it just goes black until I hit escape to exit full screen mode.