Tunr and iPadOS

This is Tunr discussion! Tunr is a visual music player and platform that offers you unencumbered access to your favorite audio providers, while also offering mesmerizing and upgradable visuals. Help us make Tunr even better with constructive discussion and feedback.

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall

DanPin

Tunr and iPadOS

Post by DanPin »

I heard about iPadOS coming as a replacement for iOS for my iPad (2017) by the end of the month, but I'm not too sure if Tunr is designed to runk on iPadOS. Is this possible? Or will I face stability issues/crashes?

Speaking of which, Tunr hasn't been updated for quite over a year.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Speaking of which, Tunr hasn't been updated for quite over a year.

I renewed my 3 licenses for Aeon, G-Force and Whitecap last November..
No updates have been released within this time frame, Whitecap was last updated October 2018 and Aeon and G-force updates were last released in June 2018 (15 months ago).

Not actually complaining, I really want to support Soundspectrum products.
I've been Tweeting and Posting on social media to encourage new users, even for Tunr on Apple devices.
Hope an Android version gets released sooner than later....

Plus there are newer technologies on newer GPU's, just updated from an Asus Strix GTX970 to an Asus RTX 2070 SUPER Dual OC with Ray tracing...
Cost me a packet, $1019 AUD with import charges and taxes :shock: (around $700 USD)
Soundspectrum visuals look totally amazing :)

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

Yes, but I'm talking about iPadOS, an iPad operating system based on iOS (which is set to be released by the end of the month), and the compatibility of Tunr, in which it should be optimized to run on iPadOS.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

Hey dp and oz,

I hope that the transition to iPadOS, whatever that ends up looking like, is not an issue. However, it's impossible to tell until Drew can evaluate directly.

Updates are coming to the desktop software relatively soon, including a few new configs. I will definitely poke Drew about iPadOS, the updates, and see if we can get a Tunr refresh in there somewhere as well. Your patience and continued support is very much appreciated as we work through a platform development shift.

As I may have mentioned, we're shifting our focus to developing on Unity3D. This move holds exciting potential for data and visuals that can be immersive (3D/VR/AR ready), while also compiling to nearly all the major platforms (Linux, Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, gaming platforms, etc.), which helps us side step the issue of having to build for every platform under the sun.
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Thanks for the updated information Brandon and Andy, very helpful ;)

Looking forward to any updates once they become available...
I have a glitch with Aeon crashing WMP and the Aeon Standalone freezing the desktop and PC, I will post the details under the Aeon section...

Unity will be interesting, when mentioning 3D I'm guessing 3D visuals (three dimensional)

Just wanted to quickly state that 3D Vision and 3DTV support for Nvidia GPU's has been discontinued a few months ago,
so unfortunately now there's no 3D TV capability in the Nvidia Control Panel for me to run Aeon standalone at 720P @ 60Hz.

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

Unity? Hmm, sounds very interesting. But I’m not sure if my laptop could handle that...but let’s find out.