Error 20 on New Windows 10 Laptop

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

TMitche22

Error 20 on New Windows 10 Laptop

Post by TMitche22 »

New Windows 10 Lenovo laptop with Intel UHD Graphics 620 card.

When trying to run G-Force Platinum 821 I get the "error 20" message.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no avail.

Suggestions, please.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello TMitche22

G-Force Platinum 821 ???. From where did you obtain this as the latest version is 5.8.2.

Which Media Player are you using?
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

TMitche22

Post by TMitche22 »

Sorry. Meant version 5.8.2.

Purchased it as a program update off the Soundspectrum website (to which I have been a paying subscriber for years).

The specific media player matters no (but one is the latest update to I-Tunes) as it will not play at al,l even as a Windows 10 screensaver).

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello TMitche22

You may want to check out your Lenovo Laptop as this could indicate a battery problem (I say could). Does the laptop work OK with other software.

iTunes has always been a problem as each time Apple release a new version of iTunes SoundSpectrum have to change some of their code. You could contact SoundSpectrum Support by clicking on the link below and ask if they will be updating G-Force to make it compatible with the new version of iTunes.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

This is the correct way to uninstall G-Force:-

1. Uninstall from the Control Panel.
2. Click This PC locate and delete the SS Folder.
3. Click on username / AppData / Roaming and delete the SS folder.
4. Click Restart (NOT shutdown)
5. Make sure you do not have any other versions of G-Force installed.

Then download a fresh copy of G-Force from here:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/do ... ducts.html

I would suggest you use a media player other than iTunes.
Regards BTT

TMitche22

Post by TMitche22 »

BTT, that you for the reply.

Yes, the new Lenovo laptop woks flawlessly with all other programs and does not give any indication of battery problems.

The error 20 does not just show when trying to use iTunes, but also whenever the screensaver mode is activated, or I manually try to start G-Force, etc.

And, yes, I have followed that uninstall procedure you suggested several times (and also downloaded a "fresh version" of G-Force).

I recall have a similar problem on a previous Windows 10 computer and getting a solution from Soundspectrum at the time, but I cannot find it now.

Sigh...

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello TMitche22

Thanks for your reply. Please try uninstalling all things Apple related including Bonjour, this has solved many a problem in the past. Should that not resolve the issue then it's time for you to contact SS support. You could also try another media player but follow the uninstall procedures for G-Force first. Many forum members use WinAmp which is free (do a Google search).
Regards BTT

TMitche22

Post by TMitche22 »

Before I kill off the Apple apps, I should note that G-Force gives that same err 20 message regardless of the sound program being used. It also gives the error in normal screensaver mode. I contacted SS support a week ago, but have not yet heard back.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello TMitche22

OK - I will contact Brandon (SoundSpectrum) and ask him to respond to this thread, usually 2/3 days.
Regards BTT

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

Howdy. Error=20 means you're running an older license code, on a newer version of G-Force, and our servers are expecting a more updated license code from you. If you can provide me the email address you used at the time of purchase via our support contact form (http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html), I can get you the newer code.
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

seqnzer

Re:

Post by seqnzer »

b.dwall wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:06 pm
Howdy. Error=20 means you're running an older license code, on a newer version of G-Force, and our servers are expecting a more updated license code from you. If you can provide me the email address you used at the time of purchase via our support contact form (http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html), I can get you the newer code.
I contacted you guys for that and was told to download it again. Does this mean I'm not allowed to play anymore?

BTT
Administrator

Re: Error 20 on New Windows 10 Laptop

Post by BTT »

SoundSpectrum have been made aware of this problem and will be posting a reply soon.
Regards BTT