SoundSpectrum News

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

BTT
Administrator

SoundSpectrum News

Post by BTT »

b.dwall wrote:Updated May 2020 = Drew is maintaining the SoundSpectrum codebase, and I know he is committed to keeping visualizations viable for as long as possible. The future of SoundSpectrum will be short lived without the complete restructuring of the business/codebase into a fully cross-platform environment such as Unity + a new kind of P2P infrastructure. This is no small endeavor, but the result will be an open source, distributed internet Operating System with data-ownership, privacy, and collaboration as first order features.

We will continue to periodically release updates for current license holders and long-standing SS supporters and customers; however, there are huge considerations when it comes to how to choose to spend the precious time that we have. I hope that you will understand me when I say that we are absolutely choosing to put our time in to the things that converge on a win for everyone. We're currently looking for sponsors and collaborators. If you would like more information, or are interested in assisting our efforts, let us know!

Check out the SoundSpecrum Music Visualizer + WinterWonders 2020 Promo available on the Tunr site:
Music Visualizer Promo

PLAN Systems, a Technology 501(c)(3)
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

JayPro

Possibilities?

Post by JayPro »

Greetings.

Many of you know me as a long-time (mostly) flowfield contributor to the G-Force end of SS software. IYRC, I have also monitored the subfora for spam and fielding many questions and suggestions.

That said, before I make my proposition known, I'd like to give you my current situation.

Until July of 2013, when my father passed away, I was doing all the things aforementioned in the comfort of what I used to call home. After a brief hospital stay, it was decided as a family that I should seek residence at a place where attention to whatever pressing medical needs I would have would be speedily addressed.

At the time, I was also struggling with two credit cards, one of which I had to get to offset the price for something I made the stupid mistake of paying out of pocket for instead of letting my insurance handle it.

I digress. To make a long story short and more germane to my story, Apex helped me get my debt cleared; but I was stuck with the reality of setting up a resident cash account which remains to this day. And that certainly brought up at least the question in my mind if I'd ever be allowed to have one again because of my rating being possibly destroyed.

It was through your courtesy that I was allowed last year to re-up my license in the manner it happened.

All that time left me pining for a way to express my gratitude and your post above spurred me on to make this proposition now:

In the past, there have been pleadings aplenty for prospective config-makers and veterans of such ::raises hand:: to share work directly on the forums. I am gratified to see that this is slowly making traction with the membership both in thought and deed.

That said, at an extremely shaky time in your fine company's history, and especially in light of what you said about volunteerism, may I suggest that we discuss a practical manner of how more of us on the fora can contribute more to at least the aesthetic value of these applications while the real work hopefully gets closer to bearing fruit?

I truly believe that if we can reconstruct the subfora categories to include Config Contributions/Criticisms/&C, we'd be off to a great start just there.

I humbly suggest that this is where someone like me would come in. At the outset, I understand that whatever we would agree on would be on a non-paying volunteer basis. Labors of love are not like that. Flowfields are my deal; so any submissions, ?'s would have to go through me and BTT as chief forum Admin..

Similarly, a way of expanding this potential new way of "diversifying within the product" would be to poll the "expert" members. Let's see who'd be best at contributing/fielding inquiries on other configs, scripting, working with Python etc. I know that we have a goodly amount of knowledgable folks on the boards now; but when it comes time for Do'M to really get into this other grand project, we'll need enough manpower to keep this stuff on track.

Bottom line: I'd really like to be once again a part of what can keep certain aspects of SS going at a good chug while our Fearless Leader tackles the hard stuff.

I have tons of ideas, as well as time on my hands.

[/i]
"God is syntax."