Song/Album Text Doubled (sometimes Tripled) in Blended style

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Saganized

Song/Album Text Doubled (sometimes Tripled) in Blended style

Post by Saganized »

Hi, I use G-Force Platinum 4.3.2 with WinX and WMP12.

Frequently--almost always--the 3 lines of song/album text displayed when I have "Track text style" set to "Blended with visuals" is doubled (oriented vertically, one over/on the other). Occasionally, the text is even tripled (again, oriented vertically, one over/on the others)! Doubling and tripling the text looks WAY "too busy" to me and can be difficult to read.

Is there a way I can "force" (no pun intended) G-Force to display ONLY ONE 3-line set of song/album text, in the "Blended with visuals" style? Thank you.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Saganized

The track settings for title, artist and album are buried deep inside the G-Force engine so to the best of my knowledge they cannot be edited to achieve what you want. I believe you will have to disable "Blended with visuals" to only have a single display. That's the best I can offer.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Saganized

Post by Saganized »

Hi BTT, I did find a file within the SoundSpectrum folder titled, "(Track Text).txt" (I think it's a configuration file?).

However, I can't make heads or tails out of the programming; because there's nothing "in plain English" asking, "How many times do you want the #ARTIST#, #ALBUM#, and #TITLE# to appear when you select 'Blended with visuals'??"

So...basically...I guess I'll just leave well enough alone! :lol:

If I get really desperate, I suppose I could always uninstall/reinstall G-Force and see if that works. For now, I just won't mess with things since it's working fine otherwise.

Thanks again for your help!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Saganized

The file you located is NOT the one I was referring to. In my honest opinion you would be wise to leave well alone. Uninstalling then doing a clean install will not make any difference. I would also strongly advise not messing with the G-Force engine.
Regards BTT

Saganized

Post by Saganized »

Hi BTT. I don't even know what the "G-Force engine" is! Is that like, a turbocharged, fuel-injected nitro-burning V-8 type engine? :?

I see a couple ".dll" files, and I'm guessing those might be "the 'things' that make G-Force go." I had no intention of messing with those, as I am keenly aware of the gloom-and-doom that can arise from uh...messing with those. :shock:

I will chalk this "doubling/tripling text issue" up to: "Well...they designed it this way." I don't know why they designed it this way (because it looks dumb); but okay, I'll leave it be.

Thanks again for your advice! :) :x

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

Saganized, while older versions of G-Force do have the "Blended with visuals" track text feature (which unfortunately was removed from v5.x and later), it's not really possible to display the album art as blended visuals. It's best to keep using the default track text style, which in fact does display the album art cover, rather than just playing with the DLLs to get the hack working (you might risk yourself of otherwise bricking G-Force completely).

Saganized

Post by Saganized »

DanPin, thanks, but there seems to be some confusion--I wasn't attempting to display the album art as blended visuals. I was only trying to get the album info (the text) to display as a 3-line set of text.

As it is, the three lines of text sometimes get doubled (or tripled). It makes it difficult to read, when each line shows up "printed over itself"--it's like looking at multiple images, in mirrors facing each other!

My two album art options (Standard, Semi-Transparent Band) are working fine--absolutely no problems with those.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DanPin

As mentioned previously you should read a members post carefully before making any comment.
Regards BTT