Start G-Force Standalone Full Screen

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

abcd728

Start G-Force Standalone Full Screen

Post by abcd728 »

Hi All!

I am trying to integrate G-Force standalone with my current media center setup
In order to do so, I need to start the program in the full-screen view, instead of starting it window'd and using command Ctrl+Enter as suggested

Is there any way to do this?

I had originally hoped this could be done via command line parameters to the standalone executable, but I could not find any documentation around such functionality and the support email was no help

juxtiphi

Re: Start G-Force Standalone Full Screen

Post by juxtiphi »

abcd728 wrote:Hi All!

I am trying to integrate G-Force standalone with my current media center setup
In order to do so, I need to start the program in the full-screen view, instead of starting it window'd and using command Ctrl+Enter as suggested

Is there any way to do this?

I had originally hoped this could be done via command line parameters to the standalone executable, but I could not find any documentation around such functionality and the support email was no help
I don't think there is a setting for it but I do think this was talked about before and I believe that BTT can explain how to do this by editing the prefs file.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello abcd728

You need to open the G-Force Standalone Preferences File which you will find in AppData\Roaming and locate Fullscreen Device:-

Fullscreen Device

This specifies the display device that G-Force will attempt to use for full screen mode. The value is such that the main/primary device is 0, the next is 1, the next is 2, and so on. If this value is -1 (ie, SS_HOST_DISPLAY_DEVICE), then the display device that G-Force will attempt to use for full screen mode will be whatever the display device currently hosting the G-Force window. Note: this is not available for all media players (because most media players don’t allow a plugin to request a specific display device for full screen mode).

Source:- SoundSpectrum

You could also check out this post from SoundSpectrum although it may not apply to Standalone:-

http://www.soundspectrum-forums.com/vie ... ull+screen
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Here is a better way to start Standalone in fullscreen::-

Start Fullscreen in Standalone

If you want to activate the script when your visualizer starts, put it in the "Startup.py" file in your "...\SoundSpectrum\G-Force\Resources\Common" folder.

@_time( '0:00' )
def action():
vis.SetFullscreen(1)
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.