Is there any "debug settings" documentation?

This is Tunr discussion! Tunr is a visual music player and platform that offers you unencumbered access to your favorite audio providers, while also offering mesmerizing and upgradable visuals. Help us make Tunr even better with constructive discussion and feedback.

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall

dreness

Is there any "debug settings" documentation?

Post by dreness »

Hi! Big fan of all the Soundspectrum stuff for many years now. Keep on rockin!

I've searched high and low for any references or documentation on how to use the 'debug settings' stuff, but I can't find anything. Does it exist?

If not, how about a more directed question: is there a way to display current render frame rate?

I would volunteer to contribute such documentation, if that's helpful - I'd just need somebody to throw a header file at me, or whatever document(s) / code / whatever define the namespace for the debug settings context. (Happy to sign an NDA if needed :)

Cheers!
-dre

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Hi dreness

There used to be a list of Keyboard commands that would allow you to put G-force into debug mode and a verbose mode where you could see all the configs that are running and If I remember correctly there was a command to show the frame rates but it's been so long since I have used the keyboard that I cannot remember the keys. BTT will know exactly what you want.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello dreness

You have posted your question in the TUNR section of the forum, so just to check are you asking about TUNR or other SoundSpectrum products?
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

dreness

Post by dreness »

BTT wrote:Hello dreness

You have posted your question in the TUNR section of the forum, so just to check are you asking about TUNR or other SoundSpectrum products?
Greetings,

I'm asking about TUNR, which I'm running on a 3rd generation iPad Pro (iOS 12.1). TUNR runs very well and looks great on this new hardware!

I'm not trying to solve any specific problem with debug settings, I'm just curious and looking for nooks and crannies :)

Thx,
-dre

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello dreness

Thanks for your reply. To the best of my knowledge there are no known 'hidden extra's' included with TUNR. Good to know you enjoy the app.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

Hi Dreness,

Did you figure out how to turn on Debug mode in Tunr?

3bar Icon (top left of screen) > Settings > Debug (last menu item)

We don't have any documentation for this tool, as it is primarily for the developer to troubleshoot. Let me know if you had something more specific in mind.
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org