G-Force 5.8 / Winter Wonders 2.0

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

G-Force 5.8 / Winter Wonders 2.0

Post by b.dwall »

Howdy Folks,

We recently released a new version of G-Force <5.8> and Winter Wonders <2.0>, which should be compatible with the recent versions of macOS and Windows 10. Please install the latest version and kindly let me know if you are still having any issues at all via our support contact form: https://soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

G-Force 5.8 is ready for you!
- User control over which displays show the screensaver (macOS).
- The NEW SoundSpectrum Audio Cable, offering audio loopback from the system output to G-Force Standalone (or any other application) on Windows.
- Addressed retina support on macOS High Sierra.
- Added 64-bit support for J River Media Center!
- Enhanced installer detection on Windows for 64-bit iTunes and Windows Media Player.

Winter Wonders 2018 (v2.0) just in time for the holidays!
- Now including the Standalone Application and ScreenSaver!
- All the stuff mentioned above with G-Force

If you are still having issues, kindly let us know what specifically is going wrong with your install? Are you getting any symptoms, or errors? Also, let me know if the Standalone apps, media player plugins, and ScreenSavers are working for you. Please let me know step by step what is going wrong, so we can try to reproduce any issues on our end.

Coming soon, Aeon 4.0 along with additional point releases and new versions of WhiteCap and SoftSkies! Please feel free to provide feedback on the new SoundSpectrum Audio Cable. It should be a big improvement from the VAC driver, but still with similar setup constraints due to the overly complicated implementation required by Windows 10. Looking forward to hearing from folks!
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

net23

G-Force 5.8 Crashes JRMC 23.0.91 (64bit)

Post by net23 »

As soon as I select G-Force as the vis in JRMC, MC crashes hard...

First a "Media Center 23 has stopped working" click "Close Program"

Then same message pops again, and a click "Close Program" finally exits JRMC.

I have been able to run standalone and select Soundspectrum Virtual Audio while I play music in JRMC and it works...

Just crashes when it is selected within JRMC itself.

Thanks.
Bob Berger

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Re: G-Force 5.8 Crashes JRMC 23.0.91 (64bit)

Post by b.dwall »

Hi Net23, can you tell me if you are using J River 32bit or the newer 64bit install? Also, can you tell me your OS version? We have not yet been able to reproduce this issue on our end, but we will continue to work to uncover the likely cause. Keep in mind, the new J River 64 is still an early build, so there may still be issues on their end to be worked out.
net23 wrote:As soon as I select G-Force as the vis in JRMC, MC crashes hard...
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

net23

G-Force 5.8 Crashes JRMC 23.0.91 (64bit)

Post by net23 »

The versions were in the subject line.

I am running on a Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
i7-3770K CPU @ 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM
Bob Berger

net23

Post by net23 »

Is there any additional information I can get you guys about the crash behavior I am seeing?

Thanks!
Bob Berger

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello net23

Your best bet would be to contact SS_Bran direct by clicking on this link:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

SoundSpectrum have probably been on their festive holidays.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Emprod

Post by Emprod »

Hello , why video files does not work in 64 bit mode ?
I was hoping for better perfonmance video playblack then Winamp but another problem arise :D
Emeriss productions

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Emprod

Would you please clarify what exactly your talking about, your post is at the least confusing.
Regards BTT

sharok

Post by sharok »

Emprod wrote:Hello , why video files does not work in 64 bit mode ?
I was hoping for better perfonmance video playblack then Winamp but another problem arise :D
What video file?

This is a visualization app that works with certain media players. It does not play video. ☺ï¸￾

jerohm

Post by jerohm »

Video file support is, was, or used to be done using Apple Quicktime. Quicktime is no longer supported by Apple on the windows platform, supposedly due to security issues. Therefore, the 32 bit version is the end of the [development] line, at least on the Windows platform... Somebody running on Apple (ios??) should check it out for 64bit.

"My Adgenda items"

Both Aeon and Whitecaps, have some nice Pan and scan (Python?) functionality of jpg files (re: Sprites). That would be a great addition to G-Force.

I believe the title functions are also implemented using Python, which is a mixed blessing. At least using WinAmp, there can be an initial stutter when they 'automatically' display. This is NOT new, and has been an issue for the last several releases, but I swear was NOT an issue when it was first implemented... but I may be crazy. The stutter seems less of an issue if they are displayed using the 't' command!?!

"OFF Topic to BTT"

I hope YOU had nothing to do with that terribly disrespectfully Baby DJT Blimp [sarcasm]. I would like to purchase one for over here. I could fly it along side my Pink Floyd pig (if you get that, you are really OLD).
be good.
:wink:

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

jerohm wrote:"OFF Topic to BTT"

I hope YOU had nothing to do with that terribly disrespectfully Baby DJT Blimp [sarcasm]. I would like to purchase one for over here. I could fly it along side my Pink Floyd pig (if you get that, you are really OLD).
be good.
:wink:
OLD OLD OLD??? It's my birthday on Saturday when I will reach the old age of 26, so happy birthday me.
Regards BTT

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

I could only say that video support as sprites has already been deprecated in newer G-Force releases. Of course, Apple has discontinued the Windows version of QuickTime Player.

Also, JRM, if you're asking:
jerohm wrote:Both Aeon and Whitecaps, have some nice Pan and scan (Python?) functionality of jpg files (re: Sprites). That would be a great addition to G-Force.
That requires the use of the Z parameter in the native text files, which has never been implemented in the code. However, I do like that idea.

Now, here's my own suggestion: How about adding support for animated GIFs? It would be nice if these type of image formats could be used as sprites, too.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DanPin
Now, here's my own suggestion: How about adding support for animated GIFs? It would be nice if these type of image formats could be used as sprites, too.
Not a bad idea, suggest you contact Brandon:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT