Aeon 4.1b1 and G-Force 5.8.2b1
https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/beta_list.html

Thanks,
-tm

andy55
Site Admin

Post by andy55 »

Hey y'all -

The latest releases should clear everything up!

GF and Aeon are out, and we'll post new versions of everything else in a week if the coast is clear w/ the new Aeon and G-Force releases.

Thanks for your support!

millst

Post by millst »

Neither of the new releases works for me. I installed JR 64-bit and uninstalled JR 32-bit.

First, I installed Aeon. Right-clicking in the JR display area crashes the app. Second, tried an install of G-Force instead. I was able to actually pull up the right-click menu, but then it crashes when I select G-Force.

The first crash dump indicates an unhandled exception from Aeon_JMC.x64.dll.

-tm

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello millst

Should I myself be in your position the first thing I would have done would be to uninstall both Aeon and G-Force then carry out a search for any files and folders which both programs leave behind. Then I would have uninstalled J River 32 again searching for any files and folders left behind. Next I would have downloaded and installed J River 64 then downloaded and installed fresh versions of Aeon and G-Force from the SoundSpectrum website. purely as a suggestion I would uninstall J River 64 and both SoundSpectrum programs following the above and start from fresh.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

millst

Post by millst »

Thanks, that led me in the right direction. I completely uninstalled plugins and MC. Good news after reinstalling, Aeon is working again. Bad news, as soon as I restore my library/settings, it stops working.

To no avail, I spent a lot of time messing around with my MC settings to try and get Aeon to come back. Kind of a pain, but think I'm just going to redo my settings manually (a few at a time, periodically checking on Aeon functionality) until I'm back in business.

-tm

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello millst

To only display the configs that are to my liking I create a folder in the SoundSpectrum main folder and name it 'Unwanted Configs' then I cut and paste all the configs I don't want displayed to that folder, so they are there should I ever want them. It's time consuming but it works for me. Want to give that a try?
Regards BTT

millst

Post by millst »

I probably wasn't clear, but I meant the configuration options for JR MC. When restoring your music library in MC, you have the option of restoring all your preferences, settings, etc.

I've been playing around and the issue seems to be related to the zones feature in MC. What I have found is that Aeon works fine as long as I don't delete the original zone that MC comes with. Normally, I add a zone for music, add another for video, and delete the original unused zone.

-tm

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello millst

You seem to be onto something regarding J River zones, probably best to leave well alone.To be totally honest with you my knowledge of J River is zero. I hope you you find a way to resolve the issue. Good luck.
Regards BTT

millst

Post by millst »

Yes, I'm up and running with a new Platinum license. MC can be pretty complex so I might have missed a setting or two, but no big deal.

-tm