No JRMC 64 bit support

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

GG

Post by GG »

I have to disable the "High Entropy" Bottom-Up ASLR option in Windows Defender Exploit Protection settings for Media Center 24.exe to prevent G-Force immediately crashing the player when selected.
G-Force still never loads, it just doesn't crash the player any more.
Giving it internet access made no difference.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

GG wrote:I have to disable the "High Entropy" Bottom-Up ASLR option in Windows Defender Exploit Protection settings for Media Center 24.exe to prevent G-Force immediately crashing the player when selected.
G-Force still never loads, it just doesn't crash the player any more.
Giving it internet access made no difference.
All I can say is it's working on my system which is windows 7 no extras. My desktop is set to black and I use a classic setting for desktop and folders no extra graphics.

net23

Post by net23 »

FIXED (for me anyway)

Actually disabling the "High Entropy" Bottom-Up ASLR option in Windows Defender Exploit Protection settings fixed my issue and now G-Force is running in 64bit MC!

Windows Defender Exploit protection

Use Windows-I to open the Settings application.
Navigate to Update & Security > Windows Defender.
Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
Select App & browser control listed as a sidebar link in the new window that opens.
Locate the exploit protection entry on the page, and click on exploit protection settings.

Thanks!
Bob Berger

GG

Post by GG »

Well I didn't expect that to fix the issue for some people - though I don't like the idea of disabling security features to get it working.
Perhaps that can point the SoundSpectrum developers in the right direction so that they can fix the underlying issue.

What version of Windows are you using net23? I'm running the latest 1803 release of Windows 10.

net23

Post by net23 »

I am running the same 1803 version of Windows 10
Bob Berger

millst

Post by millst »

juxtiphi wrote:All I can say is it's working on my system which is windows 7 no extras.
Many of us are running W10. W7 is EOL. Soundspectrum says "XP and later" so W10 needs to work or they need to exclude it.

Agree that disabling security is not an acceptable fix. Something is wrong with the plugin.

-tm

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

What I would like to see is a post from the TOP that says whether or not it's working on their windows 10 machine or not.

If it works on their windows ten then it should work on yours.

GG

Post by GG »

juxtiphi wrote:What I would like to see is a post from the TOP that says whether or not it's working on their windows 10 machine or not.

If it works on their windows ten then it should work on yours.
"Windows 10" is more than just one OS. The version is important, and 1803 appears to have high entropy ASLR enabled by default now.
I believe the feature was only introduced in 1709 too.

The plugin is now working for me after making this change and resetting my JRiver settings.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Today Wednesday I have asked SoundSpectrum to respond to this thread.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

JRiver 64 bit bug and recent OS and Media Player updates

Post by b.dwall »

Howdy folks! Thanks for sharing this info. I sent these recent updates on the JRiver issue over to our CTO (AOM) earlier this week. We are working towards a fix and I will update everyone as soon as I hear more news. We appreciate your patience as we work through the many recent changes from operating systems and media players alike.

We do not recommend that users change their system configurations and core functionality unless you either a) you absolutely know what you are doing, and/or b) are prepared to accept the risks that are associated.

Thanks, if you have further questions you can post them here or write in using our online support ticket form: https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

millst wrote:I think we have already been patient. It didn't take JR that long to convert MC to 64-bit.

Around May 15, SoundSpectrum indicated this might be solved in a week.

-tm
No one said that. you inferred that all by yourself. There is nothing in b.dwall's post stating that a fix is imminent i.e (within a week)

Second G-force does work with Jriver 64bit on windows 7 see screenshot in earlier posts and nowhere does it say that it works with windows 10. The FAQ just says WINDOWS they may be waiting for a final release. yes, I agree they should update the FAQ to reflect what OS are supported.

I WOULD STILL like them to tell us whether or not they have a version that works on ten and what version the os is. Even if they do that still doesn't mean it works with all versions of windows ten because there's no final candidate yet. if microsoft is releasing different versions of ten every week then you will just have to wait until SS catches up. or use another player during the interim.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Whilst it is understandable to want SoundSpectrum products to work with Microsoft operating systems you need to bear in mind that both J River and Microsoft are large companies with many employees. SoundSpectrum on the other hand is a very small company consisting of just Andy and Brandon, so any changes required to their programs does take some time. Microsoft Windows 10 and Apple products both who are constantly releasing updates and different versions results in SoundSpectrum playing catch up with the two companies mentioned. Some might say the problem is with Microsoft and Apple.
Regards BTT

millst

Post by millst »

From Brandon, through the ticket system.

Then, I'll spell it out again. From the FAQ:
G-Force requires at least Windows XP or Mac OS 10.6 or later
Windows 10 is clearly later than Windows XP, thus included.

I only made a simple inquiry about progress. I don't need anyone to speculate, make excuses, analyze the web site, etc. If there's no progres, so be it...no big deal. If there is, great, and I'll pass it on to people at the JR forum.

-tm

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

millst wrote:From Brandon, through the ticket system.

Then, I'll spell it out again. From the FAQ:
G-Force requires at least Windows XP or Mac OS 10.6 or later
Windows 10 is clearly later than Windows XP, thus included.

I only made a simple inquiry about progress. I don't need anyone to speculate, make excuses, analyze the web site, etc. If there's no progres, so be it...no big deal. If there is, great, and I'll pass it on to people at the JR forum.

-tm
millst wrote: Around May 15, SoundSpectrum indicated this might be solved in a week. -tm
Think what you want, there is no indication anywhere in this forum that it might be solved in a week.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Can we please stop the you said I said postings.
Regards BTT