UPDATED: iTunes Breakages (ver 12.6, 12.7 ...) Mac & Win
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoundSpectrum Forums Forum Index :: G-Force General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: UPDATED: iTunes Breakages (ver 12.6, 12.7 ...) Mac & Win Reply with quote

Dec 07, 2018 UPDATE - The new version of iTunes (12.7.2) on macOS is finally out, and the scaling/strobing should be all fixed now! Please let us know if you are encountering any further issues through our support contact form: http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

------

Please be advised that the latest iTunes version 12.7 will temporarily break your iTunes media player visuals. This new issue does not affect the Standalone application or the screensaver. We were recently contacted by Apple on this, and are working on a fix. We will have that out as soon as possible.

Background: Periodically, and increasingly, this kind of breakage has been occurring. Apple is locking down it's OS, citing an onslaught of evolving cyber threats. We are doing the best we can to keep up with the rapid developments and changes (there's only two of us here working on this).

For those that have not yet installed the newest version of iTunes, we suggest holding off for the time being, unless having the most recent security related updates is a higher priority for you. We know this is an ongoing and very troublesome inconvenience for everyone. We will be updating Gold iTunes users to Platinum if you write in to our support channels.

www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Here are the options to restore visuals:
- You can use SoundSpectrum’s Standalone application and/or
- Replace iTunes with a different media player (we support an assortment of players)
- Revert to iTunes 12.5 (requires terminal, but internet guides are available)
- Wait for us to release a fix (coming soon)

Last edited by b.dwall on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
ozbeats

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brandon, Andy and SS for the info.

I recently chose to clean install iTunes 12.6, then after that was done yesterday upgraded to the 12.7 update... tried installing SS visualizers - no visualizer plugins shown as listed, only Apple Classic and standard visualizers.

However I did have versions prior to 12.6 and 12.6 itself still running SS visuals (up until this week), which was upgraded consistently via Apple software update that still had the Visualizers listed and working......

Regretting my clean install now, please fix this ASAP, update the SS visualizers (all of them) to support Apple's new requirements.....

Keeping on top of it please, it's relatively important...
Especially since SS has become reliant on Apple hardware / software for Tunr..... imagine Tunr not installing on iOS at all......

I'm sure more glitches will appear within weeks, with the Windows 10 Creators Fall Update (October 2017 update) just around the corner.
Being a major Win10 update, will SS visuals survive ande function or will they all require re-installation once again (this will be like the 5th occurrence of the same issue)

Thanks in advance, Wink

Alf in Adelaide, South Australia
iflip92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what they can do. Apple literally disabled 3rd party plugins in iTunes completely. Now I have to use VB-Audio Virtual Cable for Windows in the Standalone Whitecap. Not as responsive by the looks of it compared to what is coming out of my DAC.

Apple always f*** all good things up.

Last edited by iflip92 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
juxtiphi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iflip92 wrote:
Not sure what they can do. Apple literally disabled 3rd party plugins in iTunes completely.

Apple always f*** all good things up.

This has happened many times. I think SS should create a sticky explaining to people that this will happen every time Apple updates their stuff.
BTT
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All

juxtiphi wrote:
This has happened many times. I think SS should create a sticky explaining to people that this will happen every time Apple updates their stuff.

That is a very good idea. I will contact SoundSpectrum. Maybe they should have taken the Android route!!!

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.
b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is now a sticky. Hope it helps some folks.

juxtiphi wrote:

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Update on The Latest iTunes Breakages | Mac & Windows Reply with quote

Just wanted to let folks with a Retina Mac know that the latest iTunes / macOS 10.13 update has caused scaling issues in our iTunes media player plugin. We are coordinating with Apple to find out if this is something we can fix with our up coming round of updates. Apple also recently removed 3rd party plugin support in iTunes on Windows Media Player. We have been advised that this will be fixed in the next release of iTunes on Windows. User Submitted Example

If you have one of our Gold products with iTunes as your selected media player, we will be upgrading you to Platinum when you write in to us via our Web Contact Form.

If you feel strongly that Apple should continue supporting 3rd Party Plugins in their iTunes software, please let them know! Otherwise some at Apple may forget that SoundSpectrum invented the very first iTunes 1.0 visualization and stop support them!

iTunes Support:
Bug Report: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/ (most likely to be seen)
U.S. iPod, Mac and iPad technical support: (800) APL–CARE (800–275–2273)
Tim Cook, CEO: tcook@apple.com (Tim may also appreciate your feedback regarding forced upgrades and lack of downgrade support).
ozbeats

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all those affected by iTunes not allowing any 3rd party plugins (e.g SS visualizers):

Apple has now released iTunes version 12.7.1.14 for WINDOWS which is now available.

This resolves (and restores) all plugins if they have not been removed manually or by a clean install.

The only remaining issue is a full-screen / minimize shortcut [ ] glitch,
in the meantime using the ESC button or CTRL+F may help you around this until SS can asses the damage and implement a FIX for this abnormal full-screen behaviour.
Maybe its inherent or related to the scaling issue Brandon mentioned earlier.

And of course, any Apple MacOS / iOS issues may still be present until confirmed otherwise.

Hope this helps, Wink

Alf
BTT
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ozbeats

That's a very good post. Thanks very much for sharing the info.

nickp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
I installed iTunes update 12.7.1.14 for Mac yesterday and there now now appears to be further problems with all my SS visualisers (G-Force. Aeon, WhiteCap and SoftSkies) since installing the update.
Since the update the screen flickers (sort of strobe effect) when any SS visualiser is activated. The visualisers can still be seen but only with a constant flashing over the top. It makes all of them unusable really until a fix comes as I want to avoid inducing a migraine Confused Increasing the frame rate to max smooths the picture out a little but does not fix the problem.
All the visualisers were working fine before the iTunes update.

I'm using a Macbook Pro with Retina screen, running OS 10.12.6 Sierra (Not High Sierra)
iTunes 12.7.1.14 and all my SS products are up to date.

Does anyone know if updating to High Sierra (10.13) would make any difference? I wasn't planning to upgrade to High Sierra just yet but would consider an upgrade if I knew it would cure the problem.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
...and good luck with the fixes!
BTT
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: iTunes Breakages (version 12.6, 12.7 ... ) - Mac & W Reply with quote

Hello nickp

SS_Bran wrote:
Here are the options to restore visuals:
- You can use SoundSpectrum’s Standalone application and/or
- Replace iTunes with a different media player (we support an assortment of players)
- Revert to iTunes 12.5 (requires terminal, but internet guides are available)
- Wait for us to release a fix (coming soon)

I know nothing about Ios but hope the above may help you.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Alf Appreciation Day Reply with quote

Thanks for spotting that Alf! Will get the other items mentioned here to AOM.

ozbeats wrote:
Apple has now released iTunes version 12.7.1.14 for WINDOWS which is now available.

This resolves (and restores) all plugins if they have not been removed manually or by a clean install.

strumsky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here on my Mac as nickp reported (the strobing/flickering).

I'm running same OS and newest iTunes versions as nickp, but am using 2010 iMac (desktop).

Unusable, really. I'll revert to the Standalone app and wait for the final fix.
b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: iTunes Screen Sizing / Strobing Issue Reply with quote

Concerning the iTunes screen sizing/strobing bug that has reappeared on macOS: Apple has acknowledged this bug with us, and has relayed that a fix for this will come in the next point release of iTunes. After that happens, we will be able to address any remaining issues. We have been getting hit pretty hard by all the recent "free" Apple updates, and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

We think JRiver makes an excellent iTunes replacement! Also, along with the next round of updates will also be some really cool new content for Aeon.

The standalone application, screensaver, or other media player plugins are unaffected. We are still upgrading folks from Gold to Platinum when you contact us via our support contact form: www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Daddo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Can I get a confirmation on something...

I installed winter wonders in iTunes for the xmas season and I see that it only plays in a small part of the window.... is this the scaling bug?
I also see it with gforce i itunes but I’m stand-alone now for that so it is not an issue.

Will the iTunes fix also be fixed for WW?
Is there any way to get it to work as a stand-alone until the fix?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoundSpectrum Forums Forum Index :: G-Force General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: