Additional Colormaps, Flowfields and Waveshapes

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

carl1011

Additional Colormaps, Flowfields and Waveshapes

Post by carl1011 »

Has anyone else noticed the additional Colormaps, Flowfields and Wavehapes in the new version of G-Force?

I had to download G-Force again today and lo and behold there are five new directories with the suffix of “PREVIOUS VERSIONâ€￾ containing dozens of old and or new files.

I have Windows 7 and the directories are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundSpectrum\G-Force

ColorMaps - PREVIOUS VERSION
FlowFields - PREVIOUS VERSION
WaveShapes - PREVIOUS VERSION
Themes - PREVIOUS VERSION
Scripts - PREVIOUS VERSION

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

Hey, those are supposed to be for the retro configs. When you upgrade to v5.x, the folders are automatically renamed for recovery purposes. This is used to redirect all configs to the Packages folder.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello carl1011

Well, if you are correct then it's news to me, especially since a few of us are working on a project to make available some retro configs. There are loads of them available, but only a minority will run on the latest version of G-Force. I believe DanPin has hit the nail on the head, if you did not uninstall your current version of G-Force, and did not search and delete all existing G-Force files, and folders before downloading a new copy that would explain why you have these folders.

ColorMaps - PREVIOUS VERSION
FlowFields - PREVIOUS VERSION
WaveShapes - PREVIOUS VERSION
Themes - PREVIOUS VERSION
Scripts - PREVIOUS VERSION
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

carl1011

Post by carl1011 »

I downloaded G-Force Platinum yesterday and they were included. The colormaps under your BTT title number nine. Most are "map" files but those under DT are "txt". Two of the nine of yours are:

Auqa Spectrum (BT29).map
Blue Smoke Over Orange (BT64).map

I transferred all files to their respective folders in G-Force and I must say I'm impressed with the ones I've seen so far. I estimate there are about 200 FlowFields and 51 WaveShapes.

Most of the new files have names I'm not familiar with and the displayed effects are new. There are several new theme's one is called "Mellow" another "Factory Default."
Last edited by carl1011 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello carl1011

I am totally confused about this as the BTT folder included with G-Force contains about 84 ColorMaps all in PNG format. There are no MAP files in the folder. SInce version 5.0 onwards G-Force does not regonise MAP files. Did you download G-Force from the SoundSpectrum web site or from another source?

I would like to see the downloaded file you obtained. I will send you an email giving you details of how to do this if you are agreeable.
Regards BTT

carl1011

Post by carl1011 »

I know what happened I downloaded a previous version of G-Force (3.7.5) I found on the internet but it wouldn't install. It gave me an install error. So I reinstalled the latest version of G-Force.

I guess the old version of G-Force installed all the old files but since the "exe" file wouldn't run the install bombed but left the old colormaps, flowfields, and waveshapes.

Then when I reinstalled the latest G-Force it created the PREVIOUS files.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello carl1011
I know what happened I downloaded a previous version of G-Force (3.7.5) I found on the internet but it wouldn't install. It gave me an install error. So I reinstalled the latest version of G-Force.
That would indicate to me that you downloaded a pirated copy of G-Force!!!
Regards BTT

carl1011

Post by carl1011 »

This was the free trail version and it wouldn't work. So I think your cavalier use of "pirated" is pretty lame.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello carl1011

Any version of SoundSpectrum programs downloaded from a source other than direct from SoundSpectrum are pirated versions. That is a fact.

I am now closing this thread.

Should you object to my decision you can contact SoundSpectrum by clicking on the link below:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT