G-Force Standalone. I see the light!

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

carl1011

G-Force Standalone. I see the light!

Post by carl1011 »

I’ve been using iTunes with the internal G-Force visualizer. I tried Winamp and Media Player but found iTunes more to my liking. Today while playing iTunes I clicked on the G-Force standalone visualizer and was amazed. The visualization is far better than operating through iTunes and it automatically connected to what was playing in iTunes. I know others have discussed using the stand alone but I never gave it a thought.

I feel so stupid not trying this before. From now on I will only "visualize" with the Standalone.

sharok

Post by sharok »

I tried to get the stand alone to work with the SS Virtual Cable, but I cannot get the beat detection to work in the stand alone mode (Windows 7). Either I'm missing something or the virtual cable doesn't work on my laptop. My media player is JRiver.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

When you mentioned this in another post I couldn't find any information to help you so suggested you contact Brandon at SoundSpectrum. Did you open a support ticket? and if so did you receive a reply?

Hope your keeping well.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

IMHO

The Standalone is the way to go.

sharok

Post by sharok »

BTT wrote:Hello sharok

When you mentioned this in another post I couldn't find any information to help you so suggested you contact Brandon at SoundSpectrum. Did you open a support ticket? and if so did you receive a reply?

Hope your keeping well.
Hi BTT,
I did open a ticket and they helped as much as they could. But for some reason, I cannot get the stand alone to work.
Under "Recording" I choose Microphone and "SS virtual cable" (line in), I can see the beat is being detected by G-Force. But it does not output the sound.
I don't know what else to do.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

Let's hope juxtiphi jumps in with some advice, he knows more than most about standalone.

Joe - Would you please help sharok, he has done me some favors in the past.
Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

sharok wrote:

Hope your keeping well.
Hi BTT,
I did open a ticket and they helped as much as they could. But for some reason, I cannot get the stand alone to work.
Under "Recording" I choose Microphone and "SS virtual cable" (line in), I can see the beat is being detected by G-Force. But it does not output the sound.
Hi Sharok

I can confirm that there is no sound when selecting virtual cable as the audio driver for my player but G-force is detecting something as is the windows mixer.

I have no idea what the problem is, I have no answer for this.

Everything is set right on my computer and virtual cable is not working

sharok

Post by sharok »

I use JRiver display mode. I cannot get the stand alone to work and it seems like I'm not the only one with this problem.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

I have sent an email to SoundSpectrum asking for advice on this subject.
Regards BTT

sharok

Post by sharok »

Hi BTT,
Many thanks again for your support.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

Just wondering if you have had contact from SoundSpectrum?
Regards BTT

sharok

Post by sharok »

Just wondering if you have had contact from SoundSpectrum?
Hi BTT,
No, not recently. Not for the past three weeks or so.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

I think Brandon may be on his holidays, as I have not had contact from him for a couple of weeks. If he does not reply next week I will ask AOM for help.
Regards BTT

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio

Post by b.dwall »

Hey Sharok and others that may be having issues with getting the Standalone application to recognize either the default Stereo Mix, or the newly provided Virtual Audio Cable in Windows.

Option 1, Enable Stereo Mix:
1. Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices
2. In the "Playback" tab > keep your default audio device selected (audio should play normally)
3. Click the "Recording" tab > right click in the Recording window and select “Show Disabled Devices"
4. Select “Stereo Mixâ€￾. It should now be an option in the Recording Tab
5. Stereo Mix should now show up in G-Force

If you do not see an option to enable "Stereo Mix", then the newly supplied Virtual Audio Cable, may be the best alternative.

Currently, the VAC driver is not a perfect solution. It has some limitations and it can be a little confusing to set up. Of course for these instructions to be applicable, you must first install the driver that comes with all our latest installers.

Option 2, Configuring the VAC Driver supplied in any Platinum install:
1. Install the VAC driver that came with your Platinum installer
2. Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices
3. In the "Playback" tab > Select SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio and click set as default

At this point G-Force Standalone (or other visualizer) will detect the Virtual Audio signal, but you still need to send the signal to the speakers.

4. Click the "Recording" tab > Select SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio > click Properties
- if the SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio driver is not available in the list, try right clicking the window to "Show Disabled Devices" and enable the device)
5. Click the "Listen" tab > Check "Listen to this device"
6. There may also be a drop down "Playback through this device" > Select the speakers you want to output the signal to > click apply/OK.

You should now be able to hear and visualize the default audio signal (what you hear through your speakers).

The big limitation here is that once G-Force (or another visualizer) is quit, the audio signal is no longer available to the speakers, so then you have to switch back to your default audio configuration. But once it's set up, it's pretty easy to switch back and forth. Hopefully at some point we can fix this glaring issue, but for now, at least it's available for folks that really need the functionality.

Let us know if that helps and if you get things working.
sharok wrote:

Hope your keeping well.
Hi BTT,
Last edited by b.dwall on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

sharok

Re: SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio

Post by sharok »

SS_Bran wrote:Hey Sharok and others that may be having issues with the newly provided Virtual Audio Cable. Currently, the VAC driver is not a perfect solution. It has some limitations and it can be a little confusing to set up. These instructions are for Windows 7, but the process isn't much different (if at all) for Windows 10. If you note any difference, please let us know. Of course for these instructions to be applicable, you must first install the driver that comes with all our latest installers.

Configuring the VAC Driver in Windows:
1. Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices
2. In the "Playback" tab > Select SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio and click set as default

At this point G-Force Standalone (or other visualizer) will detect the Virtual Audio signal, but you still need to send the signal to the speakers.

3. Click the "Recording" tab > Select SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio > Properties
4. Click the "Listen" tab > Check "Listen to this device"
5. There may also be a drop down "Playback through this device" > Select the speakers you want to output the signal to > click apply/OK.

You should now be able to hear and visualize the default audio signal (what you hear through your speakers).

The big limitation here is that once G-Force (or another visualizer) is quit, the audio signal is no longer available to the speakers, so then you have to switch back to your default audio configuration. But once it's set up, it's pretty easy to switch back and forth. Hopefully at some point we can fix this glaring issue, but for now, at least it's available for folks that really need the functionality.

Let us know if that helps and if you get things working.

sharok wrote:

Hope your keeping well.
Hi BTT,
Hi Brandon,
I use Windows 7 and I connect my laptop to my processor with an HDMI cable. I followed your directions, but it still does not detect the beat.
Has anybody else tried it?