G-Force 5.7 impression

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

carl1011

G-Force 5.7 impression

Post by carl1011 »

Well my modification days are over. One word sums up my opinion.

SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!

Baldufa

Post by Baldufa »

In my opinion G-Force 562 is better.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

I stay with version 4.3.2 simply because I have full use of the G-Force toolbar which is the simplest way of selecting the configs you want, and those you don't. Plus it's so easy to save themes. I am not at all comfortable with the UI which in my opinion is unnecessary and a complicated drawn out procedure. That’s just my opinion.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Baldufa

Post by Baldufa »

Im sorry, i love the actual 5.7.100.7870, but no the 5.7.100.7864

FreyTheater

Post by FreyTheater »

Hello all - so I'm back after about a year or so hiatus, my last G-Force version I was using was 5.4.2, but I couldn't turn down the current discount deal on G-Force to celebrate the release of Tunr. So now I'm currently up-to-date with 5.7, and have been playing it for about an hour on the left-side 27" monitor of my dual monitor setup, and I have really liked what I see so far... My next step will be to load it onto my HTPC so I can view it in 2D or 3D up on my 120" projection screen in my theater, which is always a special treat! I also want to try some of the profile mods I see posted here in the forum, I've not really played around with any of that in previous versions at all.

Usually I play some fairly active Trance music with a good beat for G-Force to react to, but this evening I've been playing some very mellow and minimalistic soundtrack music from the Japanese anime Mushishi, and amazingly it still works extremely well with the visual responses, even to such "quiet" music. I'm very impressed with some of the new effects. Keep up the great work in continually improving G-Force, guys!
FEEL an awesome 3D Blu-ray movie with powerful Buttkickers under the seats, in the FREYMAX "4D" Theater!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Troy

Good to have you back with us. Hope your keeping well. Version 5.7 is really awesome. Good your prepared to change the preference file (customise) it makes for a whole new experience. Have a read here to see my preferences.

http://www.soundspectrum-forums.com/vie ... php?t=8228
Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Welcome back FreyTheater.

Nice setup
Last edited by juxtiphi on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FreyTheater

Post by FreyTheater »

Thanks guys! Spent a good hour reading the newer forum posts last night, need to print out some of the profile mod steps in some of the threads so I can work with them in the program.

@BTT - so all those colormap png files you gave out a few years ago, the 242 and some smaller sets, over 300 total I believe - have most of those been incorporated into the newer versions of G-Force by now, or do we still need to manually add them to the correct folders? If I already copied them into a previous version of G-Force, would the install of 5.7 leave them there and still use them, or are they obsolete now? I saw the one thread about older map files not working with version 5.x, but I think those were actual .map files, not .png?
FEEL an awesome 3D Blu-ray movie with powerful Buttkickers under the seats, in the FREYMAX "4D" Theater!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Troy

The collection of ColorMaps you refer to are not part of the G-Force installation file. There is a folder in the ColorMap Package named BTT (about 84 of them) These I donated to SoundSpectrum, and are copyright SoundSpectrum Inc. Sometime during September there will be a collection of some 560 ColorMaps available for download direct from myself. This collection includes all previous ColorMaps made available plus around 200 (maybe more) brand new ones. These are copyright BTT.

If you still have the previous collection it would be wise to create a new folder in the ColorMap Package, and name it BT otherwise it confuses the GUI.

G-Force does not regonise .MAP files these days, only .PNG
Regards BTT

FreyTheater

Post by FreyTheater »

OK, Thanks for the info! I just checked the gforce.colormap.packages folder on this computer, and I do have a folder named BTT (with 374 of your .png colormaps inside already), along with nine other folders with other user's colormaps. So G-Force will automatically use any PNG files inside those folders, they don't have to be in the root? Are there any character limit or restrictions for those folder names? One folder is named "Mark L" with a space in it...

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

DanPin wrote:To BTT...

You promised that you were going to give me the zip file containing retro waveshapes and particles. But you never did. So, why is that?

Dan

Have patients, BTT will get them to you when he can.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Troy

Yeah, G-Force should/will detect any .PNG files in the ColorMap Package. You can name the folder or folders to anything you want. SoundSpectrum have the authors name on those folders as a form of recognition of the authors work. Have you experimented with the preference file yet?
Regards BTT

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DanPin

Does 60 days mean anything to you? Your post should not be in this topic.
Regards BTT