Waveshapes and inital line color

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

carl1011

Waveshapes and inital line color

Post by carl1011 »

As an observation I notice when a new wave shape is displayed the initial line color has a tendency to be white.

Is there a way to force the initial line color to be a color in the active Colormap scheme?

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

Carl, there's a better way to practice on that.

For the waveshape to be more darker, you need to use Pen, which is initiated when the waveshape starts. It defines the line color, or darkness, that should definitely apply to particles as well.

So, give it a shot. I'll provide you an example:

Code: Select all

Pen=.5 
Just for my convenience.

carl1011

Post by carl1011 »

Thanks, I added Pen=.5 to all waveshapes and particles and it seems to subtly eliminate the appearance that white is the predominate first transition color.

BTT
Administrator

Re: Waveshapes and inital line color

Post by BTT »

Hello carl1011
carl1011 wrote:As an observation I notice when a new wave shape is displayed the initial line color has a tendency to be white.

Is there a way to force the initial line color to be a color in the active Colormap scheme?
The reason the initial line color is white is because the author of the ColorMap chose to make it so. When creating a ColorMap the author has the choice to make this any color they wish. White is used in most ColorMaps purely to enhance the WaveShape, and in many cases at the WaveShape authors request. To the best of my knowledge the color cannot be changed.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

carl1011

Post by carl1011 »

I was able to reduce the 'white' transition effect by changing the "ConfigPrepTime" in the G-Force "preferences" file from 3 to 5. I also removed the "Pen=.5" statements, I had added, from the WaveShape and Particle files I previously modified so now they are the original files.

WAS
Particle.ConfigPrepTime = 3
WaveShape.ConfigPrepTime = 3

TO
Particle.ConfigPrepTime = 5
WaveShape.ConfigPrepTime = 5

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello carl1011

It's good to know you are experimenting with this. Should you eventually find a way of changing the white to another color I would be very interested in knowing how.

Good luck.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

Your feedback of this request has caused the feature to be implemented in v5.7. Now that the waveshapes have been digitally enhanced, I might as well attempt to apply this feature to my other waveshapes.