Have I Found A Bug?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

nickp

Have I Found A Bug?

Post by nickp »

Just wondering if I’ve found a bug in the new G-Force 5.6.2, WhiteCap 6.7, Aeon 3.9 and SoftSkies 2.3.
I installed all four yesterday and noticed the same symptoms on each app.
When the apps are running in iTunes and music is playing the directional keys (left and right) and the Space Bar only work intermittently.
In previous versions of the apps the directional keys (bottom right hand side of Apple keyboard) worked by playing the next or previous track in iTunes and the space bar worked as a pause/play button.
When using the new versions of the apps I’ve got these keys to work only a couple of times. Most of the time there is no response when they are pressed and the visualizer is running. The keys do however work as they should when using the Apple visualizers.
Obviously there are the designated keys at the top of the Apple keyboard for Play/Pause and next and previous track, and these work as they should. However it would be nice to have the directional keys and Space Bar working as they should too. They are easier to find and reach than the designated audio buttons on the Apple keyboard.
I presume this is a bug or I wouldn’t have been able to get the directional keys and Space Bar working at all if their functionality had been written out of the new coding. They have worked a couple of times.

Also… I’ve noticed that that fans on my Mac run strongly and constantly when all of the new apps have been running for a few minutes. I don’t remember the old versions of the apps working the fans so hard. Is this normal for the new versions? And will this issue be tackled in future releases? Or is it not seen as a problem that the fans run like that?
I have all other apps and process’ closed when running the visualizers but the fans still run hard.

I’m using...
Macbook Pro 2015 model, 2.5 GHz i7 processor with Retina Screen.
O.S. Sierra 10.12.5
iTunes 12.6.1
Sounspectrum app versions detailed above.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello nickp

The same thing is happening with WinAmp, no next track\previous or replay. SoundSpectrum removed this feature in the newer versions of G-Force, therefore the same probably applies to their other programs and to your player.

I wouldn't think this would affect your cooling fans though.

I would suggest you contact SoundSpectrum by clicking on the link below, and describe in detail your issue:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DanPin

What the heck are you talking about?
Regards BTT

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

BTT wrote:Hello DanPin

What the heck are you talking about?
Um... I don't know. It's just that the fact that the latest version of G-Force and other SoundSpectrum products have dropped key mapping in Winamp, I think this is also affecting Windows Media Player and iTunes. For instance, the keys are locked inside the G-Force window unless you click outside of that window.

nickp

Post by nickp »

Hi BTT,
Thanks for the info. I hadn’t realised that SoundSpectrum had removed that feature. It had been a couple of years since I last updated the apps. The removal of those functions is a shame as far as I am concerned as I was so used to using the arrow keys and Space Bar. Do you know of any other forum threads where this issue was discussed? I’d like to add my support if anyone else has requested the return of these functions. If not then perhaps I should send a ticket/request to SoundSpectrum directly.

By the way, I have managed to recreate the symptoms I mentioned in my original post whereby the arrow keys and Space Bar worked as they used to. At first I thought I was going crazy when I couldn’t recreate the behaviour but I have just discovered what I did to make the Space Bar and arrow keys work as they used to…

First I opened iTunes and then opened a playlist but “did notâ€￾ start any track playing. (If you start playing a track before the visualizer is started this will not work).
Then I opened G-Force in full screen mode (cmd T).
(I found same behaviour in WhiteCap, Aeon and SoftSkies too).
I then pressed the Space Bar and the first track in the playlist started playing (as it used to). The Back and Forward arrow keys worked too playing the next and previous tracks.
However.. in this mode the other short cut keys including T (Show Album Artwork) and H (Help Menu) do not work at all. Artwork showed at the beginning of the track but could not be brought up again on request.
However again… If at any stage the toolbar is activated manually (cmd+click) the behaviour reverts to the new key function set-up and the Space Bar and arrow keys stop working, but the H and T keys do then work again. All very odd.

I promise I’m not trying to break the apps or pick holes in them for the sake of it. I love them. The above behaviour was just discovered by accident after the recent updates. Me trying to work out why the arrows and Space Bar didn’t work, or only worked sometimes.
It’s not really a problem and I guess that if people don’t miss the functionality of those keys then there is no need to try and recreate the apps behaviour that I’ve detailed above.
I guess too though that if SounsSpectrum do take the trouble to fix said bug (if that’s what it is) then they might just as well bring back the functionality of those keys for good while they are at it.
I can’t think why they would have taken the functions away in the first place, unless new Apple rules have something to do with it.

Anyway, I’ll probably open a ticket with SoundSpectrum to request that they bring back said key functionality, but then send them a link to this page rather than type all this out again :lol: Phew!….
Thanks again.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello nickp

I am only aware that the next\ previous\ repeat function was removed from WinAmp. I know there have been problems with the iTunes 12.6.1 update.

Here are two threads which may shed some light on your issue:-

http://www.soundspectrum-forums.com/vie ... php?t=8260

http://www.soundspectrum-forums.com/vie ... php?t=8268

If you are continuing to experience problems then certainly open a support ticket with SoundSpectrum by clicking on the link below:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT