Imagine buying a new car.

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

redrooster

Imagine buying a new car.

Post by redrooster »

Imagine buying a new car and a few years later the manufacturer sends a command to the cars computer so it wont run properly in the hope that you would buy another car! Well thats what Soundspectrum is doing by greying out the max mode on my old version of G-Force so that its stuck in Minimode. Ive asked about this here on the Forum previously and was assured this does not happen but the facts are to the contrary. Ive contacted admin about this and have been ignored for 3 weeks. As it stands now you pay money for a licence that you dont own. In Australia we call that fraud.

juxtiphi

Re: Imagine buying a new car.

Post by juxtiphi »

redrooster wrote:Imagine buying a new car and a few years later the manufacturer sends a command to the cars computer so it wont run properly in the hope that you would buy another car! Well thats what Soundspectrum is doing by greying out the max mode on my old version of G-Force so that its stuck in Minimode. Ive asked about this here on the Forum previously and was assured this does not happen but the facts are to the contrary. Ive contacted admin about this and have been ignored for 3 weeks. As it stands now you pay money for a licence that you dont own. In Australia we call that fraud.
Suggesting that SS is somehow holding the window size hostage in order to force you update is ludicrous and is the slowest way to get help here.

Your license entitles you to a year of updates and any new version of G-force that is released during that year that's it and it's made clear in the literature.

G-force will not stop working because you haven't updated it.

My "license" hasn't been current in years. I run a version that's as old as it gets 4.3.2 and it works fine, no restrictions on window sizes. There is no conspiracy forcing you to update.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

Hi Redrooster,

For some reason, I do not have any messages from you in my support cue. We address issues like yours on a case by case basis, providing each of our customers with personalized support. Please submit another support ticket (or email me at support@soundspectrum.com) so I can verify your account and work to help find a solution to your issue.

Contact SS - https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Please note, we do not support earlier versions of our software, primarily because of the fast paced OS development environment that has been created by the large OS manufacturers; we are unable to afford the development time and resources it would take to ensure each version continues to work with every new OS update indefinitely.

This is a longstanding policy with SoundSpectrum products. One year after purchasing your license, your updates and download access expire, and we ask that you hold on to a backup of your download in case you need to reinstall.

This information is provided at the time of purchase and is in our FAQ several times:
- https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/D ... tml#expire
- https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/D ... bscription
- https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/D ... html#renew

Hopefully you can understand that we necessarily must work with the decisions that OS manufacturers make. Sometimes those decisions render independent software developer applications like ours unusable over time. A free update from an OS manufacture does not mean that it comes without any costs. Perhaps it would be within reason for you to write a letter to MS to discover why they have seemingly abandoned their previous commitment to legacy compatibility.

Regards,

Brandon
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org