G-Force Beta

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

BTT
Administrator

G-Force Beta

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Just received an email from SS regarding a new beta of G-Force. The link given in the mail is not working.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Accessing the SoundSpectrum Beta builds

Post by b.dwall »

Accessing SoundSpectrum beta builds is the same process as accessing updates. If you are on the beta list, you can always download available betas by accessing your account downloads.

1. Sign up for the beta program with your SoundSpectrum license code and registered email.

https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/beta_list.html

2. The Beta will show up on your customer downloads page once you sign up. When a new beta is available, you will get a notification to your registered email. If the link is ever broken or not working for you, simply log in to your downloads page.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/do ... ducts.html
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Brandon

Working OK today thanks, think I may have been too quick off the mark on Thursday. Has AOM fixed the adding retro Particles issue in this version? Have not experienced any problems with this beta thus far.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

G-Force 5.60. beta 1 is now out of testing and I am awaiting an official file update in the licensed members download page,
but currently it is still downloading 5.6.0b1 instead of the production release... from the Windows link and it should be G-Force 5.6

G-Force 5.6 - 14 April 2017
•Added Retina display support on macOS.
•Enhanced UI support for high resolution displays.
•Fixed not getting keystrokes in full screen mode in iTunes.
•Overhauled support for 'UI Menu Scale' setting.
•Album cover art animation is now resolution independent.
•Improved quality text anti-aliasing on Windows.
•Increased default slideshow interval from 20 to 30 seconds.

Missing from this list is the Graphics Quality Change: "High" has been reworded/changed to "Best"

Glitches / Errors: with the beta 5.6.0b1 After playing a CD through WMP with G-Force running the CD ends and then the music (and visuals)resume on the next CD I insert, that the G-Force Main Menu UI Icons on the right side are tiny.....

The default G-Force logo that appears upon start-up in WMP is rather HUGE : like 1200-1500 pixels wide on a 1920px wide screen

Some refinement may need to be done to ensure Full HD displays aren't getting oversized UI logos, menus and icons, or undersized ones too.

Thanks, Alf

P.S Thanks for the updates BTT, Andy and SoundSpectrum

Here's my NEW PC Build Specs - 2017

Display: Sony LED TV 32" 1080p @ 60Hz
CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake
Motherboard: Asus Strix ROG H270F with PCI express 3.0
SSD: Samsung 850PRO 512GB with Rapid Mode enabled via SS Magician
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz (running at 2400Mhz) 2x8GB DDR4
GPU: Asus STRIX GTX970 (OC model), DX12_1 feature level, WDDM: 2.2
PSU: Corsair HX850i Modular

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

ozbeats wrote:Glitches / Errors: with the beta 5.6.0b1 After playing a CD through WMP with G-Force running the CD ends and then the music (and visuals)resume on the next CD I insert, that the G-Force Main Menu UI Icons on the right side are tiny.....

The default G-Force logo that appears upon start-up in WMP is rather HUGE : like 1200-1500 pixels wide on a 1920px wide screen

Some refinement may need to be done to ensure Full HD displays aren't getting oversized UI logos, menus and icons, or undersized ones too.
Thanks for this info Alf... would you mind sending me screen shots of the issues you mentioned (default g-force logo, main menu icons). You can reduced the file size to keep it manageable, we just want to see the relative sizing issues that are occurring. Send to support@soundspectrum.com. Thanks for your feedback.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Ignorance is bliss.... NOT

I have clearly stated on numerous occasions that the latest downloadable G-Force 5.6 is still showing and listed in it's file properties and during installation as being the 5.6.0 BETA 1

PLEASE FIX, or even try to install it yourself instead of treating customers with contempt - like a racehorse with blinkers on.

It isn't an official release until the installer has been re-packed as G-Force 5.6.0 or 5.6,

G-Force 5.6.0B1 is just a beta thrown up as an official release, and it's a beta in the official download links place....
So licensed users cannot access / download an official version, just a Beta in the wrong place ....

Beta versions have their own link with (Beta) written into the title of the hyperlink, below the link of the latest official production release.
Comprehending me yet ?? FIX it please!

Alf

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

ozbeats wrote:Ignorance is bliss.... NOT

I have clearly stated on numerous occasions that the latest downloadable G-Force 5.6 is still showing and listed in it's file properties and during installation as being the 5.6.0 BETA 1

Beta versions have their own link with (Beta) written into the title of the hyperlink, below the link of the latest official production release.

Alf
Hey Alf, we will get it fixed asap. Thanks for your constructive input. I have to admit that I don't really care for the racehorse analogy. We think you can do better than that.

andy55
Site Admin

Post by andy55 »

Sorry for my mistakes along the way here. I posted a new version of GF this morning 561 that should have everything addressed.

Also, this:

http://www.soundspectrum-forums.com/vie ... 2034#22034

ozbeats wrote:Ignorance is bliss.... NOT

PLEASE FIX, or even try to install it yourself instead of treating customers with contempt - like a racehorse with blinkers on.

It isn't an official release until the installer has been re-packed as G-Force 5.6.0 or 5.6,

G-Force 5.6.0B1 is just a beta thrown up as an official release, and it's a beta in the official download links place....
So licensed users cannot access / download an official version, just a Beta in the wrong place ....

Comprehending me yet ?? FIX it please!

Alf