Any future releases?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

DanPin

Any future releases?

Post by DanPin »

Since v5.4.3 (released on 11 February 2016) is the latest version, I noticed that you guys have put product development on hiatus, and I've been waiting for news updates about the next version of G-Force (which might be v5.4.4, and would include my configs I submitted and bug fixes). But it's been over 6 months since you didn't unveil any new versions yet. :(

Why is that? Well, that's because Andy was out for several months and didn't come back until November, and the Tunr app is still in development and there's no beta yet. Is there a reason why development is on hold? Let me know if there is.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DanPin

SoundSpectrum are working extremely hard to release updates before the Christmas holidays. That is NOT a promise simply a target which may or may not be kept. When any updates are released it will be announced here on the forum. Many users submit configs to SoundSpectrum but as I have told you in the past they work to a very high standard, therefore just submitting configs there is no guarantee they will be included in future updates.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

BTT wrote: Many users submit configs to SoundSpectrum but as I have told you in the past they work to a very high standard, therefore just submitting configs there is no guarantee they will be included in future updates.
There's another reason why you can't bundle my configs with G-Force..., the width of the PNG image is over 256, and if it is over 256, the colors will look odd; the width size has to be at least 256 or lower, or otherwise, there is no full color and they can't be included! :(

Another reason is that the G-Force installation will exceed 365 megabytes or worse, and users will be unable to install the trial version. Some of my configs are Gold- and Platinum-only.

If you can resize them, you can include them! It's you're best to try!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DanPin

As I know you do not support SoundSpectrum by way of purchasing any of their programs (you only use the free versions) even after Frank made you a very generous offer to purchase G-Force your not really in a position to criticize or make demands of SoundSpectrum. If say 1,000 people like yourself purchased one of SoundSpectrums products then maybe the company could afford to hire an extra member of staff and updates would be more frequent especially for those of us who do pay for the programs. Therefore any future posts you make on the forum that are of a critical nature of the company will be deleted.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.