Is Sound Spectrum still in Business?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

sharok

Is Sound Spectrum still in Business?

Post by sharok »

Are they still in business?

Last time Frank showed up just to prove that he was still alive / around.

But since they're not the most professional business men that I ever met, I won't be surprised if they just quit without telling their customers.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok
I won't be surprised if they just quit without telling their customers.
That's a thought shared by many users.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

Which, of course, tells us nothing.

Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

So. Should we move on? Does anybody know of a good place to go for visualizations?

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Gregory2001

This is a copy of a post I made on September 22nd in a reply to sharok:-
Could you please ask Andy to stop upgrading his beautiful tunr for a second (if he hasn't collapsed yet) and answer this question regarding using a 4K video card connected to a 4K TV?
I have sent emails to Andy, however he does NOT reply. Frank is/or has left SoundSpectrum. Brandon has taken over from him - his user name is SS_Bran.

I have not had any contact with him, and he has yet to post on the forum. I have repeatedly asked Frank "What is going on at SS?" The reply is always the same, they are working hard to get 'TUNR' released (I think it's eighteen months late). So, I am in the dark just as everyone else is.

Maybe if as many people as possible send emails to the following we might drag some info out of SoundSpectrum.

fnetscher@soundspectrum.com

bwallace@soundspectrum.com

andy@soundspectrum.com
Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Gregory2001 wrote:So. Should we move on? Does anybody know of a good place to go for visualizations?
imho There are no other visualizers worth watching. I have always been on the look out for new vis and have never been satisfied with any of them.

I just tried the 2 vis that popped up in a search

Plan9 and VSXu plan 9 didn't work as I got an unhandled exception in winamp and VSXu was lame.

To me there was only one other vis worth watching and that was an unfinished version or Rabbit Hole. While it wasn't all that visually spectacular it was pretty interesting when you played music with slow parts because the forward motion would slow down when the music did so it felt like you were on a ride inside a weird tunnel.

This was a Sonique vis and it's really too bad they disbanded and Rabbit Hole was never really finished.

Edit

It seems rabbit hole is now an itunes app and I don't see a version for windows. That sucks!!

Linvincible

Post by Linvincible »

you can always go laser now with the laserdock from wicked lasers ;o)

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Linvincible wrote:you can always go laser now with the laserdock from wicked lasers ;o)
Looks cool! a bit expensive but still cool.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

The following information is for anyone thinking of purchasing the above mentioned product.

The LAW in UK and most of Europe is similar.

There is no laws in UK or EU DIRECTLY (yet!) about laser pointers or laser pens. Unlike Australia where all laser pens over 1mW are forbidden in consumer hands and treated as weapons.

In the UK Health Protection Agency legislation recommends that laser pointers over 1mW are not to be available for purchase to general public, we comply to this by NOT SUPPLYING LASERPENS OVER 1mW FOR GENERAL PUBLIC, CONSUMER USE, and only supply modules hand held lasers for legitimate uses by professional organisations and we actively manually check each and every order, and record each individual laser purchase over 1mW.

The law treats higher power laser pointers (greater than 1mW) like knives, hammers, swords etc, The law does not want to see lasers carried openly or used openly in public without risk assessment and safety considerations. Although point any laser product high or low power, laser pen or module at aircraft and there is offensive weapon legislation that will imprison you.

If you have a legitimate use you are entitled to purchase and own and work safely with lasers, but like knives and many other products they are potentially hazardous so purchase and use controls are recommended by health protection agency.

If you are stupid with a laser, just like if you were stupid with a knife or a hammer you would be charged under general offensive weapon legislation which can provide for 5 years imprisonment. At least a dozen VERY stupid people in UK have now been imprisoned for pointing lasers at aircraft, in one case for two years. Owning a laser brings responsibilities of ownership, both in use and in storage to avoid unrestricted access.

HPA QUOTE - After seeking advice from NRPB (now the Radiation Protection Division of the HPA) the then Department of Trade and Industry urged Trading Standards Authorities to use their existing powers under the General Product Safety Regulations 2005 to remove laser pointers of a Class higher than Class 2 (as defined in the British Standard) from the general market. Such devices are too powerful for general use as laser pointers and present an unacceptable risk in the hands of the consumer because they may cause eye injury in normal reasonably foreseeable use.
Our website does not cater to the General market, and do not sell lasers above class 2 to the general public, we hope as a legitimate user of laser products that you appreciate we may ask a few questions (in some cases we may need to call you) to confirm and ensure we are not selling lasers in contravention of these recommendations.

Source: http://www.megagreen.co.uk/shopcontent. ... nformation

Posted for informational purposes only.
Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

So what happened with Frank ? any info on why he's left?

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi

All I know is Frank told me he was made an offer that he couldn't refuse, nothing more, nothing less.

I have not had any contact with his replacement, nor has he posted on the forum.
Regards BTT

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

SoundSpectrum - The Future

Post by b.dwall »

Hello to those tuned in to this forum! I just wanted to pop in on this thread and let you know that SoundSpectrum has a plan for the future, and it includes addressing concerns brought forth by our loyal and engaged supporters, as well as launching a new iOS product as soon as possible! While I unfortunately cannot give out too many details, I can tell you that if all goes as planned, the visual environments that SoundSpectrum has worked hard to create throughout the years will be improved and expanded to new platforms.

I know many of you will miss Frank and the expert support that he provided for many years. He has indeed moved on to pursue other opportunities. I am still learning the ropes here at SoundSpectrum, and am reliant on this community to help inform each other and provide their advice and experience with the topics brought to this forum; I'll likely need some too! Thank you sincerely for what you do!

Regards,

Brandon Wallace
SoundSpectrum.com
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org